AA cover here. How does it sound? Help me with some crits!)

Andrew_Anakin

Shokran - Exodus soon...
Hey guys! My mate asked me to mix his cover on Asking Alexandria - Not the American Average.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zg6yg51xekc1z8l/Asking Alexandria cover.mp3

SO i've been trying to make the sound like AA, but then i stopped and made something another. Can you please critic what have i done wrong? I've been mixing for a while and can't hear good.
Not too much of low-end?

And yeah, guitar DI's wasn't that tight and that good (they were very silent so i needed to push them up)
And the bass and drums are midi

sounds very pro, bro. i feel the harsh vocalse are a little too bright.

what bass vsti did you use? mind sharing processing info?

sounds very pro, bro. i feel the harsh vocalse are a little too bright.

what bass vsti did you use? mind sharing processing info?

Thank you a lot man! Yeah, i think the vocals has too much of hiss, i'll try to warm them more.

I've used Orange Tree Samples - Cherry Electric Bass here.
And yeah, no problem-what exactly processing info do you want me to share with you?

cool, i'm interested to know the bass guitar processing chain; just checked that plugin on youtube and it sounds pretty good even just out of the box, i didn't even know it existed. thanks! and yeah the vocals are bright, maybe be more agressive with a de esser.

cool, i'm interested to know the bass guitar processing chain; just checked that plugin on youtube and it sounds pretty good even just out of the box, i didn't even know it existed. thanks! and yeah the vocals are bright, maybe be more agressive with a de esser.

I always use DI+distorted signal
On the DI i use AmpegSVX+some EQ to cut the resonanses. I also cut mid range.
In distorted signal i use TSE BOD (you can use guitar amplifiers for sure) + some eq
Then i send these two tracks to a bus, and on the bus i use Rbass to rise the low-end + some extra EQ and limiter

The kick is really bass heavy, but I kinda like it! Pushes some air in my M50s! Maybe tone down some of the sub 100 Hz frequencies. Other than that the vocals sound great but really harsh as said before. I'm terrible at mixing vocals so I can't really give much advice on how to fix it. At times the screams sound like static almost. Guitars are really gritty and sound nice! Overall, this mix suffers from the harsh vocals. Fix that and you've got a really sick mix!