Ackercocke

i have another question:

Did you sound replace all the drums? blend them, etc... can you remember what reverb you used on them? Anything else related to them?

This album sounds so cool, it has this really classic vibe to it, and it doesn't feel all exhuasting (if thats the right word, it's probably not) to listen to, what i mean is the drums aren't pushed up as loud as they can go and hyperlimited, everything has space.

thanks.

Glad you like it. I really enjoy working with the Akercocke lads.

I added a sample to the snare, and I think I replaced the kick. It's been a few years since I heard that album - I'd have to refresh my memory.

The toms weren't replaced or triggered at all.

:)

>do you remember which amps were used on choronzon?

Twas a Marshall 2555 and a Selmer Treble and Bass 50

Ah..the Selmer Treble and Bass 50. If I'm not mistaken, that was the very first make of amp through which I ever played guitar. It belonged to the bass player in my first band, and we both played through that until I could afford to buy a Marshall amp and 4x12.

Aha! Excellent.
David's Father has built up quite a collection of Selmer amps over the years.
Perhaps you recall the unrivalled bottom end of the T&B 50 Neil? Phemomenal - trully.
Oddly, the gentleman who repaired amps for me for years is the Son of the man who designed and built the T&B's for Selmer. A chap called Kelly. After he left Selmer (who's market share was waning by the Sixties due to Vox's aggressive endorsement program and Selmers refusal to provide free amps) he started the not so well known Kelly amplification. Kelly made some very solid amps indeed, pushing the development forward from the Selmer designs.