ANTHRAX Taps SHADOWS FALL Guitarist For Upcoming Tour

swany76

May 4, 2008
ANTHRAX has tapped SHADOWS FALL's Jon Donais (pictured below) to play second guitar on all currently scheduled tour dates following last week's departure of Rob Caggiano. Donais will temporarily fill in for ANTHRAX's upcoming shows in India, the series of Soundwave festival dates in Australia, and the North American Metal Alliance Tour.

"Jon is a bro and he's also a total fucking ripper," said Scott Ian. "I've worked with him twice before on side projects and he tears it up. I'm excited to have him on my right burning up the stage with ANTHRAX. 13's gonna be a good year."

"I grew up on ANTHRAX, they're the thrash scene, they're one of the 'Big Four,' I'd be crazy to not want to play with them," said Donais. "Initially, Rob called and told me he was leaving the band, and asked if I'd be interested in filling in. Then Scott called me and everything fell into place. Rob and I are using Skype to work on solos and other guitar parts, so he's being great. I also have to give special thanks to my band — Brian, Matt, Jason and Ed — who have been incredibly supportive and encouraged me to do this."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=184745

Interesting.

Maybe Dan Spitz won't be coming back after all.

Dan spitz IS BACK!!

Dan: Music full time & Autism Advocacy are mine & Candi's life path.

Get ready for a big announcement taking me where I belong. Much to come. VERY SOON !!! TOO...

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy

I still think he'll be back, probably after that tour, which might have happened too quickly for him to learn all the songs... not that I wish for his return, but I'd bet my money on it.

I still think he'll be back, probably after that tour, which might have happened too quickly for him to learn all the songs... not that I wish for his return, but I'd bet my money on it.

I don't know, they're playing Among The Living on the next tour. Seems like Dan would know these songs better than any player from another band? He may only need to learn 4 or 5 other songs and he'd be good to go, right?

I don't know, they're playing Among The Living on the next tour. Seems like Dan would know these songs better than any player from another band? He may only need to learn 4 or 5 other songs and he'd be good to go, right?

Don't forget Antisocial and Got The Time which never seem to leave their set. So that's 11 songs he already knows.

Don't forget Antisocial and Got The Time which never seem to leave their set. So that's 11 songs he already knows.

Also, I'm sure they're not playing a very long set, since their's so many bands on this bill. Can't see them playing more than 15 songs or so.

Lol, anthrax playing a 15 song set.

That's gold.

Id love to see them do more than 12.

If Dan was coming back, he'd be back. It's probably a red lamb tour or something

If Dan was coming back, he'd be back. It's probably a red lamb tour or something

I think thats right, this was posted last summer:

"RED LAMB's schedule is about to become very busy," says James McComas, partner at Mind's I Entertainment. The company plans immediate U.S. tour dates, licensing deals worldwide, as well as worldwide touring in 2013, including a music festival that will be a fundraiser for Autism Speaks. Autism is a cause close to the hearts of the Spitz family, as Dan and his wife Candi have twin sons with autism, and the cause continues within the Mind's I Entertainment family, with partner Bonnie Neves having three children with autism and two of James McComas's nieces suffering from the the same neurological disorder."

You can read the whole thing here:
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176840

After reading that it makes that statement from Dan make more sense.

I think thats right, this was posted last summer:

"RED LAMB's schedule is about to become very busy," says James McComas, partner at Mind's I Entertainment. The company plans immediate U.S. tour dates, licensing deals worldwide, as well as worldwide touring in 2013, including a music festival that will be a fundraiser for Autism Speaks. Autism is a cause close to the hearts of the Spitz family, as Dan and his wife Candi have twin sons with autism, and the cause continues within the Mind's I Entertainment family, with partner Bonnie Neves having three children with autism and two of James McComas's nieces suffering from the the same neurological disorder."

You can read the whole thing here:
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176840

After reading that it makes that statement from Dan make more sense.

Good. Who wants a guy who offers nothing but nostalgia?

They should give Shadows Fall some sort of guest spot on the next album considering they've saved their ass the past year.