Any one know the So Ca area? (getting to the concert question)

Inshining

New Metal Member
Jun 30, 2011
I am posting here because all other attempts to find the information I need has turned up empty. I am desperately hoping someone knows the answer.
I am going to the concert on the 21st, and will be traveling by greyhound to get there. My problem is I don't know what destination to choose when purchasing my tickets. Google has not been my friend, Yahoo answers hasn't turned up anything helpful and even the 1800 number for greyhound has left me with out answers.
Someone has to know. Since I'll be taking a cab from the Greyhound station to the hotel room, I want to get as close as I can, that way I am not spending outrageous cab fees. I would drive if I could but I don't trust my car to make it that far.

I don't think anyone can help you unless they know the hotel you're heading towards or if you're wanting to go to a station close to your hotel or the venue or what?

I don't know of any Greyhound that stops in Universal City. Cabs are extremely expensive in the L.A. area. You could try taking the Metro from downtown L.A. to Universal City, but I'm not sure about the Metro routes.

Here's the website for the Metro; you can take a look and see if there are any routes between downtown L.A. and Universal City:
http://www.metrolinktrains.com/

What are the stops that you have been given? Hollywood is probably the closest to Universal City, but depending on which region of Hollywood, it could still be quite far. I would not take a cab to Universal unless I knew for sure that it was within a couple of miles.

There are quite a few hotels in the Universal City Walk region; I think one of them is a Hilton, but I haven't been to Universal in a long time, so I don't know all of the hotels in the region.

Two in L.A. one in Anaheim and one in north Hollywood, along with the names of a bunch of towns I have never heard of. My hotel is with in walking distance to universal. I am more or less just worried about picking a destination that would have me ending up 100 miles away. I'll keep try to find out, thank you for the help.

Inshining, C. is right, North Hollywood station at 11239 Magnolia Blvd will be the nearest Greyhound station to Universal City.

It's located only about 2 miles north-west from the Gibson Amphitheatre. You didn't exactly tell the name of your hotel or where it is located, but if it is in a walking distance from the Universal City, then North Hollywood is your destination with Greyhound and you shouldn't be loosing a fortune on cab rides between the station, your hotel and Universla City.

This article tells that last summer they closed the other one which was located a few miles south from the Universal City on Hollywood Boulevard leaving only downtown station at 1716 E. 7th St., and the North Hollywood station, at 11239 Magnolia Blvd in the area.

All this information was found on Google as I live on the opposite side of the globe and have never been in California. Hope this will help you. :)

Thanks Enigma; I was pretty sure that North Hollywood was the closest, since Sunset Strip is only an exit or two away from Universal City Walk. When you get on the freeway from there, you can see the Capitol Records building!

I was going to ask my sister to be sure, since she lives the closest to North Hollywood than anyone else I know. But going on my memory from when I was last in L.A. 4 months ago; I do remember passing Universal City and the next exit or two over was the Capitol building, which is right off the Sunset Strip.

I feel embarrassed that I am not as reliable as I should be, being born/raised in L.A., but I am also not a driver, which is *the* mode of transportation in the L.A. area. I've always been a passenger, so a lot of the routes are lost on me because different people use different shortcuts when going to where they're getting to. ;)

But I can tell you for sure that you do *not* want to use the Anaheim one; Anaheim is about 45 minutes from L.A. and your cab fare could end up costing you more than your entire trip! :eek:

Thank you so much Enigma. I guess I fail at googling things, LOL. I typed in everything I could think of.