Anybody shopped on Andy James Academy website?

H-evolve

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Was hoping to know if I'm just the exception or something, see below my current issue:

I just ordered guitar picks from Andy James. Him and John Petrucci released signature "Flow" picks with Jim Dunlop and I wanted to try some. They were difficult to find, as they were back order on most sites I looked at.

And then, Andy James posted on his Instagram account that he was selling a bunch of those Flow Picks through his academy. And, they were coming in a signed tin box, which is kinda cool just to store all your picks in general...

Anyhow, I thought "Cool, I'll try some". However.... :( It's been close to a month now since I have placed my order and I still have no news. No email like "Your item has shipped" or whatever... (and, the confirmation email was mentioning they would advise whenever the order ships).

I tried writing him through his website and no response.... nothing...

Also, order says that "local orders arrive in 10 business days". Ok, I'm not in the UK, but mine hasn't even shipped in nearly 30 days :(

Maybe I got screwed, maybe not... hard to tell since he's not answering messages. Hence my post here, trying to get some info, maybe, from whoever might have done business with him.

If I got fucked.... at least it was just a few bucks for guitar picks... :|

How much was the purchase? I would dispute the transaction at this point.

It wasn't much, as I said. Like 25 CAD or something (including shipping, conversion from English pounds to CAD, etc).

I paid with PayPal and I think I can go through them to cancel the transaction... I'll contact them and see what can be done.

What surprises me is that, Andy James isn't that "big", and his business surely relies a lot on positive feedback and what not. So, I don't get why it seems as if he doesn't care at all...

And it's not like the guy is on tour or something, he posts Instragram shit on a daily basis since I placed my order...!

Anyway, just a bad shopping experience :S

Turns out I haven't paid with PayPal and just used my credit card... I'll check if I can contact them and cancel the charge, however it's been so long... I am not super confident they will be able to do anything.

I have since tried to contact Andy on all his platforms and I have 0 answer.

Therefore, I am doing my outmost best to give horrible feedback and convince people never to buy anything from that jerk.

Cheers

Hi,
yes, this happened to me
I ordered two sets of jumbo guitar picks to "andyjamesguitaracademy" but I never received them.

After 2 months, I send some emails to "andyjamesguitaracademy", no answers.
Then I decided to create a Paypal case. Following the paypal claim guide, I sent other messages through Paypal to the seller...no answers.

Then finally I updated my request to a real claim and sent all required documents to paypal.
After a few weeks, Paypal agreed to send me the money back (they probably never received any answer from the reseller). Since I sent my order and I received my money back, I waited ... 4 months.

I created a claim not because of money, but because it is a pity to see that a company with a name like 'Andy James' can scam us like that. They took the money and forget us and we trusted them.

Andy James is probably an excellent guitarist, but he cannot let a thing like this happen, with his own name.
No email, no excuses, no comment on his site or blog...this is not professionnal.

So...don't buy anything on andyjamesguitaracademy, don't trust them.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for letting me know I am not alone in that situation. Regarding my problem, I never received the picks, even if it's been forever. So I kinda "accepted my faith" and that he stole me 30$.

And also, I am quite confident he is directly invovled in the Andy James Academy. I follow him on Instagram and on multiple occasions people complained about not receiving some item they ordered. He personnally replied, making it almost clear that he is directly involved. He even got a bit mad at people for being impatient or something...

So, the fact that it seems to be a regular issue with his "academy", plus the fact that he got slightly pissed off, makes me realize he's a great guitar player, but quite the douchebag.

Last edited: