Anyone know what amps Chris Amott used in Armageddon?

Mark_Palangio

On The Fields Of Life
Jul 12, 2005
Greensburg, PA
Namely on the album Crossing The Rubicon? That album was recorded at Studio Fredman with the same exact lineup that Arch Enemy had at the time for the Stigmata recording, minus Mike and Johan, so I assume it's a 5150...but it doesn't sound like a 5150 at times?

No, I've been trying to track down these albums though. I seem to remember that Chris mentioned a worldwide re-release of all the Armageddon stuff was in the works, but I forget if there was any time frame attached to that.

I can't find these albums to save my life, for purchase or for pirate, but what I've heard sounded awesome and I am eagerly awaiting the re-release, I'll definitely pick up all the albums in a single haul.

I heard Crossing a long while back, and remember it being good, but, that's about all I remember.

I remember thinking it was better than Arch Enemy at the time, too, lol

Kazrog said:
No, I've been trying to track down these albums though. I seem to remember that Chris mentioned a worldwide re-release of all the Armageddon stuff was in the works, but I forget if there was any time frame attached to that.

I can't find these albums to save my life, for purchase or for pirate, but what I've heard sounded awesome and I am eagerly awaiting the re-release, I'll definitely pick up all the albums in a single haul.

If you have AOL Instant Messenger I could send you Crossing The Rubicon. That's the only one I have though, I've been trying to find the other two.

J the TyranT said:
I heard Crossing a long while back, and remember it being good, but, that's about all I remember.

I remember thinking it was better than Arch Enemy at the time, too, lol

Crossing The Rubicon was recorded the same year they recorded Stigmata, and the lineup Chris used was basically just Arch Enemy minus Mike, and with a different singer. Same drummer and bassist.

Mark_Palangio said:
If you have AOL Instant Messenger I could send you Crossing The Rubicon. That's the only one I have though, I've been trying to find the other two.

Thanks for the offer but Andy prefers that we don't discuss such things here. I have every intention to purchase the re-releases, but I have finally found a torrent of the discography to tide me over until I can get the CDs.

I'll scope out the tone but I bet it was just a 5150 or maybe Engl.

Kazrog said:
Thanks for the offer but Andy prefers that we don't discuss such things here. I have every intention to purchase the re-releases, but I have finally found a torrent of the discography to tide me over until I can get the CDs.

I'll scope out the tone but I bet it was just a 5150 or maybe Engl.

Ah, good deal. I would think it has to be a 5150 or Engl, considering it was recorded at Studio Fredman, but I just wondered if anyone actually knew.