Iceland
fuckin brilliant deaththrash!

mp3 of their new album A Celebration of Guilt
the face of my innocence
Return
Sadistic motives behind bereavement letters

metalreview

arsis_cover.gif

Title: Shocking brilliance is always born from shit.

When the taste of mediocrity is as blatant as your last listen to Turbo Lover and your enjoyment of music becomes a desperate search for new-born heroes...
They always find you first.

Arsis have managed to shame ten years of metal with but one release, for I can honestly say that A Celebration of Guilt is a testament of musical excellence, a work of new-age usurpers teeming with violent majesty and intellect.

This album is an eclectic mix of technical death and black metal laden with melody and impressive time changes while never adhering completely to any particular style. "The face of Innocence" is your bridge to the vortex: Whirling guitars introduce a blur of fantastic riffery and precision fire in the drum department while sorrow-filled laments scream over the pandemonium. Headfuck of the highest order:

You're blasted with melodic thrashing one moment ("Maddening Disdain") and then suddenly faced with an onslaught of... folk! ("Seven Whispers Fell Silent"). The songs are rich with detail and intensity but at the same time it can be just a bit much on your ears. There's so much going on and to enjoy Arsis fully, you need to be completely attentive and more importantly... in the right mood.

There is definitely a healthy thrash influence behind this tremendous duo - I was reminded of Kreator on a few occasions, particularly with "Worship Depraved" and "Elegant and Perverse", but the sonic assault of Arsis is executed with an expertise that would make even Jeff Waters jealous.

This is the Heartwork of the 21st century: Now get off your Arsis and buy it!

Oh... on a final note - this band is not Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian OR German: This fine piece of metal comes from the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Be proud!

http://www.worshipdepraved.com