At the Plates - Culinary Melodeath

Man Made Bod

Standing Forever Fast
Mar 1, 2019
Hey everyone,

I have a food-themed melodic death metal band called At the Plates. We recently released our second full-length, Omnivore. Feel free to check it out as i'm curious what you guys think. It's a love letter to 1990's melodic death metal while incorporating elements from other genres. The artwork was done by Niklas Sundin. Cheers and thanks for listening!

AtThePlates2024.jpg

This is really good stuff man, can definitely hear that 1990s MDM vibe. One of the things that puts me off a lot of bands labelled melodeath is the vocals, but the vocals are spot on too. Great work.

Reactions: Man Made Bod
This is really good stuff man, can definitely hear that 1990s MDM vibe. One of the things that puts me off a lot of bands labelled melodeath is the vocals, but the vocals are spot on too. Great work.

Thanks a lot bro! I think our vocalist is a great fit too.

Hey, I've seen you on Instagram here and there. I like what I've heard from this project. Really cool that you got Niklas to do the artwork.

Oh cool dude! Glad you dig it and thanks for listening. Niklas was great to work with, i've known him for some time and have collaborated with him before. Once you get past the starstruck phase you'll find he's a really down to earth guy and cool to boot.

I've always had a lot of respect for Niklas' creativity. His artwork is fantastic (and judging by the artwork for your stuff, still going strong) and the lyrics he wrote for DT and IF back in the day were incredible for a young guy writing in a foreign language. I've always been in awe of his lyrics on Skydancer especially. Dude had some serious creative writing skills, although I don't know if he persued that further. I think Stanne took over most of DT's lyrics by the latter part of the 90s, and obviously Anders started writing the core of the IF stuff from Colony onwards.

Good stuff here. Definitely getting serious At The Gates and Carcass vibes from this. My dad was a chef and I spent a lot of time in kitchens with him as a kid. Cooking is one of my biggest hobbies now as an adult so I definitely appreciate the theme too.

I've always had a lot of respect for Niklas' creativity. His artwork is fantastic (and judging by the artwork for your stuff, still going strong) and the lyrics he wrote for DT and IF back in the day were incredible for a young guy writing in a foreign language. I've always been in awe of his lyrics on Skydancer especially. Dude had some serious creative writing skills, although I don't know if he persued that further. I think Stanne took over most of DT's lyrics by the latter part of the 90s, and obviously Anders started writing the core of the IF stuff from Colony onwards.

Agreed. He had a great grasp on Shakespearean-era English. I should ask him if he still dabbles in creative writing, though I think the likely answer is that he prefers to focus on his music and art.

Good stuff here. Definitely getting serious At The Gates and Carcass vibes from this. My dad was a chef and I spent a lot of time in kitchens with him as a kid. Cooking is one of my biggest hobbies now as an adult so I definitely appreciate the theme too.

That's awesome man, we like to appeal to both foodies and cooks alike, though 90% of my cooking knowledge comes from competitive cooking shows haha. Thank you for listening!