Butt Rock Bass Tone

EnjoiTrent

Official Knob Turner
Mar 20, 2013
Hey guys, I thought I'd share with you my new bass tone that will be going up for sale soon on my store.

This tone is designed for heavy hitting rock songs that need a driving force behind them. When you purchase this tone, you will receive the "Butt Rock Bass Tone" .l6t file, and a list of of the plugins and respective settings to make this tone sing in your mix. (Sorry I'm not smart enough to export a file and all that so I did it this way lol) [(if someone wants to help me with that I'll love you)]

This tone requires Line 6 POD Farm 2 with the Metal Shop upgrade as well as
Waves REQ 2
Waves CLA-76
Waves API-560
Waves L1

Here's a short demo of the tone in a mix and by itself. Enjoy!
https://soundcloud.com/glacier-recording-studio/glacier-recording-studio-butt-rock-bass-tone-preview/s-AbCLi

Seriously?:err: Sense? this makes none. Besides the requirement of those plgugins, of course that never would sound the same, cause you know, same pre, same bass, same pickups, e.t.c

Bass reamps would make much more sense.

Joey's been doing this for a while. People love it.
His come with the POD file and the effects .trk/.whatever file compatible with a bunch of DAWS, but not all.
Kind of a weird. All the gain attenuation for the compressors/limiters, ins/outs levels on everything would be different.
Not to mention all those plugins would total over $1000.

Joey's been doing this for a while. People love it.
His come with the POD file and the effects .trk/.whatever file compatible with a bunch of DAWS, but not all.
Kind of a weird. All the gain attenuation for the compressors/limiters, ins/outs levels on everything would be different.
Not to mention all those plugins would total over $1000.

When I saw this it instantly reminded me of Joey's "Haters Gonna Hate" (coincidences are funny). He's spoken of making a plugin that had a "mix ready" sound (like gain reduction) but I guess using external plugins is an easier alternative.

People will find access to the plugins, just not the knowledge they need to legitimately improve.

Req = 150
CLA 76 = 400
API 560 = 200
L1 = 200
POD FARM 2 = 299

BTW, an used Sansamp PSA 1.1 is 300 dollars.

Are there people so unpassionate by music production that they spend money in presets and not in good gears and learning how to mix? I mean, yes presets can be cool for beginners or in some cases as a starting point but it's way more cool and interesting to search by ourselves to learn, use our ears and try to develop a real personality in sound... If mixing is a chore for some guys, I recommand them to do something else (make donuts for example)

Edit - I'm not spitting on the OP, he's doing his stuff and eveyone is free to buy or not.