BW&BK Canadian Metal Featured - Nov'05

Oct 28, 2005
Hails!!:kickass:

Check out this month's edition of Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine, which is based in Canada. It's edition #92 for November 2005. There's a pretty good special on Canadian Metal, which is on pages 44-47, which includes news, reviews, and the likes, of 77 or so bands, from all times and styles of the scene. Its called O Canada, Our Home And Metal Land!: The List - Great White Metal A-Z. Although I would challenge the mentioning of several bands on this special, in favour of greater bands, especially the total lack of Maritime Metal, it is indeed good to see anyways.

Funeral Fog, New Brunswick Old School Black Metal, is included, which is wicked to see, they are definitely amongst the best Canadian bands. Probably the best old school black metal outfit there is. Also, it was good to see Sheavy, Newfoundland Psychadelic Space Metal/Rock, featured as well. Very Sabbath-worship band, but very good stuff, and very bridging between Metal and Rock.

Also featured are: Allfather, Annihilator, Anvil, A Perfect Murder, Augury, Axis Of Advance, Beneath The Massacre, The Black Halos, Blasphemy, Blinded By Faith, Blood Of Christ, Bobnoxious, Camilla Rhodes, Crash Kelly, Cryptopsy, Cursed, Dead Of Winter, Damn 13, Despised Icon, Eclipse Eternal, Eidolon, E-Force, Emerald Rain, The End, Exciter, Fuck The Facts, Ghoulunatics, Goat Horn, Grimskunk, Hanker, Harem Scarem, Helix, Ion Dissonance, Infernal Majesty, Into Eternity, Ivory Knight, James Labrie, Kataklysm, Kick Axe, Killer Dwarfs, Martyr, Meatlocker Seven, Moonlyght, Necronomicon, Neuraxis, Operation Winter Mist, Paroxysm, Penetrator, Piledriver, Quo Vadis, Razor, Revenge, Rush, Sacrifice, Saga, Sebastien Bach, Soul Of Darkness, Soulscar, Stampede Queen, Strapping Young Lad, Sword, 3 Inches Of Blood, Thine Eyes Bleed, Thor, Torn Within, The Devin Townsend Band, Unexpect, Voivod, Wold, & Woods Of Ypres.

I agree most of that list is tight, but the Maritimes really lack representation, especially being an extreme metal mecca, much like Quebec is. I see a lot of overlooked bands, that are crucial here and to Canada: Thy Flesh Consumed, Hellacaust, Terratomb, Cephalectomy, Pagan Hellfire, just to name a small handful of easily belonging top notch missing vets. There are also a number of old school, now defunct bands, as well as brand new cutting edge extreme metal bands, that would cut deep into that list.

Anyways, good to see more killer Canadian bands getting brought up, especially in BW&BK, and I hope it keeps up. I buy this magazine once of every 2-3 months or so, and made damn sure I picked it up because of the Funeral Fog feature, obviously.... Anyways, I buy BW&BK far more than any metal mag... I must admit a little suprise at seeing Soul Of Darkness there, who are usually very underrated, and an astonishingly gifted Canadian Black Metal outfit - Wicked band.... Check it out...

\m/

DraoiJedi Sarmhiotail said:
Hails!!:kickass:

I agree most of that list is tight, but the Maritimes really lack representation, especially being an extreme metal mecca, much like Quebec is. I see a lot of overlooked bands, that are crucial here and to Canada: Thy Flesh Consumed, Hellacaust, Terratomb, Cephalectomy, Pagan Hellfire, just to name a small handful of easily belonging top notch missing vets. There are also a number of old school, now defunct bands, as well as brand new cutting edge extreme metal bands, that would cut deep into that list.

Don't forget Dichotic!

Dichotic is the first defunct band that is pioneering to the region that I would have mentioned!

Entrafis, Realms Of Despair, Gorbage, Adrenaline, there are tons, and now- Gruesome Feast, Embers Fade...

Our scene here is so terribly underrated.