Chris Broderick DVD news on Blabbermouth

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
:headbang:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=21696

JAG PANZER Guitarist To Release Instructional Video - Apr. 23, 2004

JAG PANZER guitarist Chris Broderick will be releasing an instructional video mid-to-late summer.

The intent of this video, which will feature outtakes, bonus material and plenty of live footage, "is to have both technical and theoretical ideas paralleling each other while becoming more advanced," says Chris. "Unfortunately, the scope of this video will only cover tonal or key based soloing. I was originally going to cover altered scales, but the scope of this DVD would get to big (Maybe I'll save that for another DVD?)"

General topics covered on Chris Broderick's instructional video:

01. Warm-ups
02. Keys, modes
03. Scale fragments
04. Intervals
05. Seventh arpeggios

For more information, visit JAG PANZER's official web site, www.jagpanzer.com.
spacer.gif
COMMENT | (~\m/~)

posted by: johan_rules

4/23/2004 10:34:14 AM
oh awesome, that guy rips. I have some videos of him playing, in one he's tapping Rondo Alla Turka (Mozart) with two hands. He was playing the walking bass line with his left hand and the melody with the right. In another song he's playing flamenco, and in another he's playing slap bass on a guitar! I can't wait to get my hands on this DVD....

spacer.gif
COMMENT | johan_rules

posted by: Johnny Wildchild

4/23/2004 1:03:25 PM
Damn! really? Where can I get copies of this? (~\m/~)

spacer.gif
COMMENT | LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS...

posted by: rob-mckillop

4/23/2004 2:02:04 PM
FINALLY AN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO BY A POWER METAL GUITARIST. I REALIZED THIS GUY WAS GREAT LONG AGO!
SEND ME MY COPY ASAP!

spacer.gif
COMMENT | So awesome

posted by: cab_in_it

4/23/2004 2:05:31 PM
I saw Chris play with Nevermore too and he rules.

Johnny Wildchild - You can see those videos of Chris playing on the Jag site here: http://www.jagpanzer.com/html/vide
o.htm

spacer.gif
COMMENT | cab_in_it

posted by: Johnny Wildchild

4/23/2004 2:58:07 PM
thank you!

spacer.gif
COMMENT | Definitely

posted by: metaluntildeath

4/23/2004 3:16:36 PM
One of the greater guitar players in the metal scene. To me, he's up there with Loomis.

(~\m/~)

Larf03 said:
I hate Fag Panzer and this guy is both overrated and even more faggot then his gay-ass singer....

I've never seen such tasteless playing...
That's not very nice.

I guess we can't all be as talented and famous as you huh..... wait, what's the name of your band? Obviously Nevermore thought he was talented enough to play with them.

MetalSteph said:
That's not very nice.

I guess we can't all be as talented and famous as you huh..... wait, what's the name of your band? Obviously Nevermore thought he was talented enough to play with them.

He was alright playing in nevermore because he was playing someone else's genius compositions....

I'd sure wish his solo's in fag panzer would be something else than sweep arpeggios... those were impressive in Skolnick days... You are right though, my post wasn't very nice... my opinion stays though... this guy is just a fancy guitar player that goes for 100% show off... no feel!

Of course, it's my opinion and I do know that he is more skilled than many people, me being the first... but it doesn't change the fact that his rhythms are weak and his solos are just fast wankery.... (again, to my ears)

Have you heard Orphaned Land's Mabool? ...there is a song on this cd which lasts for 9:20 minutes and the solo to this song starts at 1:20 and eneds at the end of the song with the most violent harmonic I've ever heard... Throughout those 8 minutes of solo, there is nothing but good ideas and feeling... Want whammy bar? you got it... and it's use with such ability you wouldn't even believe it's whammy bar!!! You want bending?? My god is there some... You want arpeggios? There are some here and there thrown in as transitions for effect... That's how sweeps should be used!

I hate show off guitarists ... Broderick is in my opinion, just another malmsteen....

Larf - you're a fucking douche bag. get over yourself. have you seen Broderick's 8 or 10 finger tapping videos? if not, watch them and take the hand out of your pussy to stop feeling yourself up, you moronic pile of self-indulgent trash

as f or this DVD, i can't wait t o see it. he's one of my favorite guitarists

how bout everyone stops trashing everyone else... when none of us really have any room to talk any shit on anyone else...

either way, i have nothing against the guy, barely heard any of his stuff

dead6skin6mask6 said:
Larf - you're a fucking douche bag. get over yourself. have you seen Broderick's 8 or 10 finger tapping videos? if not, watch them and take the hand out of your pussy to stop feeling yourself up, you moronic pile of self-indulgent trash

as f or this DVD, i can't wait t o see it. he's one of my favorite guitarists

Read my post again man... I DID admit that he his talented...

Yes I've seen his 8 and 10 finger tapping patterns... I have also seen satriani's ....

I don't like technical wankery... I don't like the guy and I have stated my reasons... Don't call me a douche bag because my opinions are not the same as yours dude... If I had just said that I hate broderick because he's in a power metal band... THEN I'd be a douche bag...

I hate Broderick for the same reasons I hate Turili ... the wanker from strato... The other from Edgay... What's his name from sonata... I hate show-off redundant technical solo's over sucky rhythms...

That's still just my opinion, not a douche bag's rambling...

Either agree that we don't agree and stop calling me names or go all "immature" on me again ... your choice