Dark Tranquillity - New Album "Endtime Signals" out 2024-08-16

Really enjoyed the song, definitely one I see myself listening to more of than The Last Imagination. Definitely surprised me to see a new single since I follow them in didn’t see anything. Can’t really complain here.

Nice change of pace. This is like... Melodeath band actually doing some DM instrumentation. Unheard of.

Reactions: Xpyro125
It's alright. I prefer a bit more melody in my music typically, but tracks like this can be fine as part of a whole album. Production seems like it's going to be a bit beefier on this album which makes a change.

It's alright. I prefer a bit more melody in my music typically, but tracks like this can be fine as part of a whole album. Production seems like it's going to be a bit beefier on this album which makes a change.
That’s the sort of thing I hate about modern metalcore, but I think the balance of melody and almost BM-style heaviness (Especially since it isn’t any sort of double drop g bullshit that frowns out the bass) is pretty nice, and the guitarwork in the chorus is classic Gothenburg, so I think it actually works really well.

The production is a really nice touch as well, and I think this sort of style could’ve made Encircled— A song that feels a lot like this— so much more incredible than it turned out.

Bit of a contrarian take, but I honestly feel like the production -- which I feel is very smooth and polished, but lacking any real weight or heaviness -- works against songs like this. It's sort of the In Flames problem. This song with Fredrik Nordstrom or Tue Madsen production would be quite solid. As it is, while the mix is very clean and dynamic, it lacks a certain punch. I think Jens Bogren's mixing better suits bands like Katatonia than DT, and this has been the case since he started mixing their albums, beginning with Construct.