David Shankle and his band DAVID SHANKLE GROUP (DSG) are now signed to PURE STEEL RE

steel-prophet

Feb 11, 2011
Schwarzenberg/Germany
Hell Yeah! The former MANOWAR guitarist David Shankle, also known as "The Shred Demon", has signed a worldwide deal with PURE STEEL RECORDS with his band DSG ! After 6 years of silence, the new and third album of the band is to be expected in the summer / autumn 2013.

David Shankle is still one of the most respected and talented guitarists in the world.

"David Shankle has long been one of my personal faves. For our label it’s an important step to get the confidence of a well-known artist like David. The new album is a hammer - I can promise already" says Andreas Lorenz from the label.

David Shankle states: “I am very excited about releasing this new album in 2013 and myself and the DSG band have found true metal brothers with Pure Steel Records, this has allowed us to create an epic metal record.”
More news in the next time.

height:400

TRACKLISTING
1. Still A Warrior
2. Ressecution
3. Glimpse Of Tomorrow
4. Demonic Solo* (From the movie Jezebeth)
5. Fuel For The Fire
6. Eye To Eye
7. The Hitman (instrumental)
8. Suffer In Silence (Agenda 21)
9. Into The Darkness
10. Across The Line
Total Playing Time: 48:11 min

Line-Up:
guitar – David Shankle
drums - Gabriel Anthony
vocals - Warren Halvarson
bass – Mike Dooley

DSG @ PURE STEEL RECORDS

22nd March 2014
ALTITUDES & ATTITUDE SHOW
Reggies 2015 S State St Chicago (USA)
start: 19:00 Uhr
Guitarist David Shankle of DSG and Formerly of Manowar and Drummer Joe Babiak of the Michael Angelo Batio Band will be guest players for Dave Ellefson of Megadeth and Frank Bello of Anthrax March
ALTITUDES & ATTITUDE
tickets

height:900

The release date of the new DSG album "Still A Warrior" on CD is April 24th 2015. The preorder phase will start on April 10th 2015 in our webshop.

Known for being a member of MANOWAR between 1988 and 1994, DAVID SHANKLE still is a fantastic guitar player for all true metal fans.

He was involved in the songwriting with hymns like "Ride The Dragon" and "Master Of The Wind”.

On many tours he also became a very well appreciated musician for all "Manowarriors”. For 13 years, DAVID SHANKLE has been enjoying a solo career, as evidenced by the two albums, "Ashes To Ashes" (2003) and "Hellborn" (2007). Pure Steel is very proud, to release the third album "Still A Warrior," after eight long years of waiting for the next strike.

Powerful and modern played US Power Metal meets sophisticated arrangements. The technical, shred‐styled guitar of the master himself can be heard very well in many solos and the final instrumental, "The Hitman". The powerful, high‐pitched powerful vocals of Warren Halvarson (also in Damien Thorne) shows their unique charisma. "Still A Warrior" confirms: friends of US metal with a classical shred guitar influences will completely be satisfied by their hero again!

TRACKLISTING
1. Still A Warrior
2. Ressecution
3. Glimpse Of Tomorrow
4. Demonic Solo* (From the movie Jezebeth)
5. Fuel For The Fire
6. Eye To Eye
7. The Hitman (instrumental)
8. Suffer In Silence (Agenda 21)
9. Into The Darkness
10. Across The Line
Total Playing Time: 48:11 min

LINE-UP
guitars - David Shankle
drums - Gabriel Anthony
bass – Michael Streicher
vocals - Warren Halvarson

height:480

“Still A Warrior” @ PURE STEEL RECORDS

FORMER MANOWAR GUITARIST, DAVID SHANKLE, RETURNS WITH DSG + NEW ALBUM

The new album of DSG "Still A Warrior" is now available in our webshop. Safe 1 Euro during the preorder time. The official release date of the album is the 24th of April 2015.

"I'm very happy to say that I feel this is the best DSG record to date," says Shankle. "I also feel this is the best DSG band out of all three of them so far. I'm very proud of everyone of these guys great job they did on the record." Joining Shankle in DSG are vocalist Warren Halvarson, bassist Mike Streicher, and drummer Gabriel Anthony. "With new singer Warren Halvarson, new bass player Mike Streicher, and our new drummer Gabriel Anthony, this is by far the BEST line up to date."

For 13 years, Shankle has been enjoying a solo career, as evidenced by the two albums, 'Ashes To Ashes' (2003) and 'Hellborn' (2007). And 'Still A Warrior' does not disappoint, as it features both metallic anthems (the title track) and instrumentals ("The Hitman") with such guest artists as Michael Angelo Batio, Joe Stump, and Parker Lundgren from QUEENSRYCHE. Also, the "Demonic Solo” (from the movie 'Jezebeth') is being hailed as one of the fastest guitar solos in the world.

Shankle: "I think the new DSG record, 'Still A Warrior,' is a combination of the best from the 'Ashes to Ashes' and 'Hellborn' CD's. A lot of great melodic vocals and full neo-classical shred guitar in your face.” 'Still A Warrior' confirms: friends of US metal with a classical shred guitar influences will completely be satisfied by their old hero again!

ORDER NOW!!!

DSG - Still A Warrior @ Pure Steel Shop

8th August 2015
Band Appreciation Night
Chigaco Star Bar (USA)
entry: 4pm
ticket: $10
special guest DAVID SHANKLE
with: GRAINSHIFTER, METAMORPHIS, LOCKJAW, DARK ENTROPHY, PROGRAMMABLE ANIMAL, WHITE HOUSE BURNING

height:861

DAVID SHANKLE GROUP – Official Video "Still A Warrior" released!

DAVID SHANKLE GROUP - "Still A Warrior" is taken from DAVID SHANKLE GROUP´s album Still A Warrior - releasedate: April, 2015 @ PURE STEEL RECORDS - available as CD and digital download @ PURE STEEL SHOP

Known for being a member of MANOWAR between 1988 and 1994, DAVID SHANKLE still is a fantastic guitar player for all true metal fans. He was involved in the songwriting with hymns like "Ride The Dragon" and "Master Of The Wind”.

On many tours he also became a very well appreciated musician for all "Manowarriors”. For 13 years, DAVID SHANKLE has been enjoying a solo career, as evidenced by the two albums, "Ashes To Ashes" (2003) and "Hellborn" (2007). Pure Steel is very proud, to release the third album "Still A Warrior," after eight long years of waiting for the next strike.

Powerful and modern played US Power Metal meets sophisticated arrangements. The technical, shred-styled guitar of the master himself can be heard very well in many solos and the final instrumental, "The Hitman". The powerful, high-pitched powerful vocals of Warren Halvarson (also in Damien Thorne) shows their unique charisma. "Still A Warrior" confirms: friends of US metal with a classical shred guitar influences will completely be satisfied by their hero again!

LINE-UP:
David Shankle – guitars
Gabriel Anthony – drums
Michael Streicher – bass
Warren Halvarson – vocals

DAVID SHANKLE GROUP @ PURE STEEL RECORDS

"Still A Warrior" @ PURE STEEL RECORDS
http://www.davidshankle.com
http://www.facebook.com/dave.shankle
http://www.twitter.com/DavidShankleDSG
http://www.reverbnation.com/dsgdavidshanklegroup
http://www.myspace.com/dsgdavidshanklegroup