01. Liquefying Cerebral Hemispheres
02. Drifting Further
03. The Parasite
04. Horrid Decomposition
05. Tortured Existence
06. Apocalypse Of Filth Collapsing Human Failures
07. Remnants Of The Deed
08. Prelude To The Tragedy

I was just surfing the net for death metal bands I had not heard yet and stumbled across Defeated Sanity. I listened to one track off of their official site www.Defeated-Sanity.com and was extremely diggin what I heard there. So I talked to Lille Gruber the drummer via email and he agreed to send me over something to really sink my teeth into, as opposed to just hearing a single mp3 track over the net.

Upon receiving the album entitled 'Prelude To The Tragedy' just released the month before, I was first off impressed with packaging artwork layout etc. The cd looks kick ass all cover art and everything seems to be very good. I put the disc in and was blown away by the time the cd was through playing. I mean this is some serious stuff here, not no demo from some piss poor band. It seems like they have their heads on straight about production and sound, over all tone of the release sound wise, and they are top notch musicians of the highest caliber. The drumming particularly impressed me, as well as the bass playing. The drummer and bassist lock together in unison just as any good bass player and drummer would.

The drummer (again I say Lille Gruber) is reminding me of some of my favorite drummers already. His drumming is fast, precise and he's totally got everything under control. He fits a lot of stuff in the small spaces and makes it all work, transitions are smooth, blasts and grinds are up to par with the best death metal drummers in the world. Top notch fucking drummer I say. Awesome work Lille. Keep it brutal. Right up there with John Longstreth, Brad Fincher, Flo and many others to numerous to mention in this moment.

Very impressed I was with Tino Kohler's bass playing skills. Also reminding me of some of my favorite bassists (I've been a bassist over a decade, strictly finger style) Steve Digorgio, Tony Choy, Alex Webster, Cliff Burton, etc etc. This cat is locked in like a mother fucker, totally accenting all the drumming parts and remaining on cue with all guitar parts. He's not afraid to step out of the pocket, yet he holds down the fort with a solid foundation like that of many of the greatest bassists in death metal. Excellent stuff Tino, keep it going.

The guitars are punchy and heavy with clarity and a good tonal range. All chords come across great, as well as one string riffage cuttin through the mix well. This cat Wolfgang Teske seems to be rooted in his oldschool death metal ways, and not afraid to make his own style and sound either. He's reminding me directly of some of my favorites like Malevolent Creation, Immolation, Incantation, Death, and him having his roots showing is not a bad thing of course, I'm just saying you can tell this guy is into his oldschool death metal. And he's not afraid to show it proudly.

The vocalist Marcus Keller is spewing some extremely sick vocal infestations with yet a clear enough voice you can follow along, even if you read the lyrics one time through all the way, you will be remembering the lyrics on the 4th, 5th and so on listens. No hard to understand stuff, yet he does not keep it so dry sounding that he comes off like S.F.U. or anything. You too can also tell he likes his oldschool death metal, once again I am reminded of the goodness of band vocals such as Immolation, Malevolent Creation, Old Chris Barnes etc etc, you know all the greats. Excellently solid vocal performance from Marcus, keep spewing the sickness dude.

I notice also that quite a decent amount of the music seems to be also written by that of the drummer Lille Gruber, so I assume he must play also guitar in his free time. All in all this album containing 8 very solid tracks of brutal death metal is nothing but some of the finest death metal my ears have ever heard. They deserve to be recognized more by the international death metal scene. Not just in their homeland of Germany. This is the greatest German Death Metal band I have ever heard. Period.

Please visit their website and download something from there and then order yourself a cd from them if you like it. Because I can assure you, if you are really a true death metal fan, you will not be let down by these 8 tracks of brutality.. Its a very good release from a very good band.

Thanks Lille for sending the cd for review and I hope you continue on for long time to come in this band. All of you are awesome musicians of the highest death metal standards. I would love to witness this band perform live concerts here in America. Hopefully that will happen one day.
10 /10

Related link:
http://www.defeated-sanity.com

Review originaly posted at www.MetalWhore.com