Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Yain

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel.
Hello guys. I'd like to know if you play any video games? If you play, let me know which ones.....Maybe Ive played them before.

Currently I am playing these games, all of them are on the PC

Maple Story
Counter Strike multiplayer
8 Ball
Half Life
Yuri's Revenge
Age Of empires II

In the past, I have played these games,

Illutia
Mu Online
Flyff

and many others that I cant remember.

I played Maple Story obsessively for like 7 years. Thankfully I broke away from its colorful addictive properties some years ago... now I've replaced it with equal parts Diablo 3, Skyrim, and a recurring WoW addiction...

I used to play some fighting games on XBOX like Mortal Kombat and the like, but I haven't done that in a while. Also, it's probably for the better if I don't get GTA V, seeing as that would majorly fuck up my studies.

That's some retro stuff right there! Looking forward to Battlefield 4 but I don't have a gaming PC so will wait for the PS4 edition.
Yeah, Im somewhat a retro gamer, and I tend to like the older games because of their simplicity. These days, many newer games are too complicated and modern in my opinion. Theres no classic touch, to me at least. That doesnt mean I dont play any new games though. There are some games that are new but still remain simple, but these kind of games are also a little bit rare these days unfortunately. The only problem with older games is that they are old, and therefore have less advanced features and worse graphics as well.

I played Maple Story obsessively for like 7 years. Thankfully I broke away from its colorful addictive properties some years ago... now I've replaced it with equal parts Diablo 3, Skyrim, and a recurring WoW addiction...
Thats very interesting that you played Maple Story mate. For 7 years, if thats the case then obviously something about the game attracted you to play it for that amount of time. Personally, I dont care what others say about Maple Story that its a game for kids or whatever. I have been playing it continously since 2006 and never thought for a second that its a terrible game. I like colorful and simple RPG games like Maple Story. Ive never played WoW, though.....although Ive heard about it a lot. My computer hardware was never strong enough to run it, and I always thought its too complicated game for me. I might try it sometime, though, its obviously a game thats worth a try.

Most of my favorite games of all time are on the Super Nintendo. Part of it is nostalgia but the other part is that it's literally just a game, there's no bullshit DLC or 'pay for this' or Internet-like qualities and that's why I love them so much. Self-contained :)

Absolutely! Wish I still had my old Super Nintendo. Thinking of buying one of those "RetroDuo Portable" just to play through Zombies ate my Neighbors. It has the best name ever and it's sharing first place with the Zelda games for best music in a video game! It was so creepy when I played it like 15 years ago:).

Isn't that what gives them the "classic touch"? Their simplicity?
I meant simplicity in terms of gameplay, and less features means less things to learn and understand during the game, but the simplicity of graphics for example isnt a good thing. I mean, it is a part of the classic touch but sometimes it makes me feel like I am stuck in the past or something like that. I would prefer it if old games were re-made with better graphics, for example that new Age of Empires II HD edition which came out on Steam some time ago. I dont have it because I cant purchase things online, but its a good thing that they created it.

Most of my favorite games of all time are on the Super Nintendo. Part of it is nostalgia but the other part is that it's literally just a game, there's no bullshit DLC or 'pay for this' or Internet-like qualities and that's why I love them so much. Self-contained :)
Personally I pretty much grew up on PC games, the only console I ever had was the Playstation 1 but I rarely used it......however I have played some retro games via emulation on the PC, and it was fun. Its easier than having to keep an old game console, but obviously it doesnt replace the real feeling of having the real console itself in your hands.

Mr brother's been playing the new GTA. I've never been a fan of the series, however this new one looks pretty cool. I may just have to get myself a copy but probably on next gen if/when it's released.

I used to play some fighting games on XBOX like Mortal Kombat and the like, but I haven't done that in a while. Also, it's probably for the better if I don't get GTA V, seeing as that would majorly fuck up my studies.

What and where do you study, if I may ask?

Pretty sure it is irrelevant what or where Cronopio studies. Stay on topic, please :)

*Sigh*

That was unnecessary and plain rude. I've been one of the few people fighting your corner since you reappeared, but when you post stuff like that it just makes me feel like I should have listened to the others. :zzz:

You've been moaning that the forum's too quiet, yet you complain when people show an interest in getting to know each other. Forums in general would be quite boring if people were to religiously stick to the original topic at all times.

:(

...Thank you Matt202.

The main reason why I wonder is because I've lived in Stockholm for a year, just recently moved away(it's really hard to find somewhere to live there!) and thus thought it be intresting to know.

*Sigh*

That was unnecessary and plain rude. I've been one of the few people fighting your corner since you reappeared, but when you post stuff like that it just makes me feel like I should have listened to the others. :zzz:

You've been moaning that the forum's too quiet, yet you complain when people show an interest in getting to know each other. Forums in general would be quite boring if people were to religiously stick to the original topic at all times.
It is a normal thing to stay on topic and all I did was ask that nicely, it is not rude to do that because I have a right to ask for it because I created this thread. I have no problem with people getting to know each other but not at the expense of taking this thread off-topic, PMs exist exactly for this kind of things. And this forum will always be dead and quiet, an off-topic conversation between the guys here wouldnt change that.

Speaking about rudeness, taking the thread off-topic to talk about Cronopio's studies instead of video games is actually what's really rude here.

A massive yes from me on the answer to this question. Been playing Video Games since about 4 or 5 Years Old and my interest in them has been forever strong.

The last game I finished playing through was Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. for the 3DS with some retro (mostly SNES) gaming in between. I'm currently playing Grand Theft Auto V, which I'm finding very addictive and worth every bit of the hype.

Might have to take a break from it to play through The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD soon.

I pre-ordered Pokemon Y for 3DS. I think the last one I played was Sapphire, but I'm really looking forward to this one!