Dream come true...

Domine

I just have to express how thrilled I am about the fact that we are sharing the same stage as one of my all time favorite band: Queensrÿche! It's definitely a dream come true for me and something that I've been wanting to happen ever since we formed Wolverine. What's also amazing is that it all takes place a few kilometers from my own home...

I'm of course talking about Rockweekend in Kilafors, Sweden. Check it out at www.rockweekend.se.

Over and out, from one very happy swedish bastard. :headbang:

I just have to express how thrilled I am about the fact that we are sharing the same stage as one of my all time favorite band: Queensrÿche! It's definitely a dream come true for me and something that I've been wanting to happen ever since we formed Wolverine. What's also amazing is that it all takes place a few kilometers from my own home...

I'm of course talking about Rockweekend in Kilafors, Sweden. Check it out at www.rockweekend.se.

Over and out, from one very happy swedish bastard. :headbang:

You guys deserve that bigtime, I am a huge Queensyche fan but not to impressed with their recent stuff. Rage for Order to me is their masterpiece!!:worship:

I'm happy for U, Stefan!

russelSRF2003.jpg

That's so cool, congrats man! :) Oh man, back in the day, I used to practically worship the ground Geoff Tate walked on! Operation: Mindcrime still ranks up there for me as one of the best concept albums of all-time!!!

Yep, they sure did create some fine pieces of work... It's a pity that band doesn't exist anymore. Since HITNF things have never really been the same... But I'm sure they still put on a great liveshow. Their most recent setlist offers many great tracks so I have high hopes for Rockweekend.

Anyone that has been to any of their shows lately?? Last time I saw them was at the Sweden Rock Festival when they toured for "Tribe". They were pretty good although Geoff's microphone suffered from several drop-outs throughout the show which took away some of the experience.

Yep, they sure did create some fine pieces of work... It's a pity that band doesn't exist anymore. Since HITNF things have never really been the same... But I'm sure they still put on a great liveshow. Their most recent setlist offers many great tracks so I have high hopes for Rockweekend.

Anyone that has been to any of their shows lately?? Last time I saw them was at the Sweden Rock Festival when they toured for "Tribe". They were pretty good although Geoff's microphone suffered from several drop-outs throughout the show which took away some of the experience.

As I now have lived in Florida for maaaaaany years, I catch Queensryche at least one a year (often twice), and actually have tix for their Clearwater show May 19th as well.
When they are headlining they are brilliant, but when they have a band coming on after, they often seem a bit lackluster. Probably due to the fact that their set list then is cut short.
Always a good time at a Queensryche show although Geoff's voice have been a little so so at times lately.
Congrats on playing with them though. Great experience indeed.

Wasn't the last Queensÿche concert you saw held at Klubben in Stockholm? Or have you gone to Sweden Rock after that???

/The Bassplayer

You're probably right, Thomas. I had pretty much forgotten about that gig since it wasn't good at all. The sound was horrible and Queensrÿche is that kind of band where you kind of expect the sound to be perfect. To me perfection has always been a word that described Queensrÿche really well up until 1994-95.

Ok, so last night I saw Queensryche for the ( I think) 14th time, and I have to say it was quite brilliant.

The set was made up of three suites of music. Suite one was half of "Rage for Order". suite two half of "American Soldier" and suite three half of "Empire".

Suites one and three were magic. The sound was incredible and Geoff sounded better that he has done in years.

The "American Soldier" suite.... Well, the music was very good (I hadn't listened to the album yet), but I had a little bit of a hard time with the "stage show". There was a U.S Marine soldier on stage during one song, and he had his daughter sing a duet with him at one point. They were also showing brutal war footage on 2 huge screens during the whole set. It got a little corny at times.

Overall though a great show,

johan68: I had written a long reply to your last post but of course I managed to hit a button I shouldn't have hit and the post got deleted just as I had finished typing it...

Anyway, after reading about your impressions of the last QR show you went to I'm even more excited about the fact that I'll see them live in July.

About American Soldier (the album), once again I'm disappointed. It just doesn't have the finesse that QR's music had in their prime years. Although I think I have to face the fact that their coming albums will not contain anything exciting for me I definitely think I'll be able to appreciate them as a live act. The have some amazingly solid material to build their liveshows on so with a good sound I'm sure they'll be able to deliver some more magic. :) I'll get back to you with a review of their gig here in Sweden in July.

johan68: I had written a long reply to your last post but of course I managed to hit a button I shouldn't have hit and the post got deleted just as I had finished typing it...

Anyway, after reading about your impressions of the last QR show you went to I'm even more excited about the fact that I'll see them live in July.

About American Soldier (the album), once again I'm disappointed. It just doesn't have the finesse that QR's music had in their prime years. Although I think I have to face the fact that their coming albums will not contain anything exciting for me I definitely think I'll be able to appreciate them as a live act. The have some amazingly solid material to build their liveshows on so with a good sound I'm sure they'll be able to deliver some more magic. :) I'll get back to you with a review of their gig here in Sweden in July.

Sounds good. Looking forward to that review. Also, let me know how Chickenfoot was. I've heard some good stuff about them over here lately.

There's also a small chance I'll actually be in Sweden as the show happens. Not exactly sure where it is but would definately consider a road trip from Halmstad if it's not too bloody far.

By the way, I also saw Jon Oliva's Pain last week. That was incredible.

Ha det bäst

Johan