earache has been quietly brewing up a storm...

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
All of the Earache and Wicked World stuff I've heard in the last 18 months coming from that label has been top notch. Think about it...

Anata
Akercocke
The Chasm
Wolverine
Lost Soul
Exmortem
Usurper
Hate Eternal coming soon....
Insision
decapitated

hell... even the last deicide was ok.

So Papa, I re-read your ANATA review and for the life of me, I cannot understand how it didn't end up in your top 10 list or even honorable mentions.

yes, they have some good stuff coming. also the sublabels as well.
Biomechanical, etc.

I like that Lost Soul stuff ... another Pollack band that just kicks some serious ass

They did have quite a year last year, Insision fucking rules and Anata was my numero uno.

I'm enjoying what I've heard from Candlelight so far this year and look forward to seeing what they offer as we continue on.

JayKeeley said:
So Papa, I re-read your ANATA review and for the life of me, I cannot understand how it didn't end up in your top 10 list or even honorable mentions.
Yeah, that goes back to my whole feeling rushed this year... I forgot about a lot of stuff and then there was a ton that I was hearing as the deadline approached. This is definitely the fastest I've ever disowned a year end list, but I honestly cannot say that I stand behind my list any longer.

lurch70 said:
yes, they have some good stuff coming. also the sublabels as well.
Biomechanical, etc.

I like that Lost Soul stuff ... another Pollack band that just kicks some serious ass
Yeah, what's cool about Biomechanical is that Digby sent me a rough track from them about 2 months ago after I made some posts on the Earache board about reviews at RC. Pretty cool stuff.