Early Nevermore albums being re-issued

Apr 17, 2006
USA
Hey has anybody heard any details about the Nevermore re-issues that Century Media has planned this year? The label has had a bunch of "classic" albums being re-issued with bonus material this year as part of their 15 year anniversary. They've already re-released The Gathering - Mandylion, Strapping Young Lad - Heavy As a Really Heavy Thing, and an Only Living Witness 2CD set as part of this anniversary.

Anyways, inside those releases is a little flyer of other re-issues they're planning on doing this year, and they have the Nevermore albums The Politics of Ecstacy, In Memory EP, and the S/T album listed. I'm not sure what bonus material they have sitting around from these album sessions, but we may be able to expect unreleased tracks, B-sides, demos, live songs, etc. included on these. I'm sure they'll probably include the Japanese bonus track "The System is Failing" on the self-titled album. They may also put their 1994 demo and/or their Utopia demo on these as well.

Anyways, I just figured I'd let you all know about these since there is little information around about them right now, and it seems like it could be cool news if they're done right.

yeah we know about it....most record companies do it....
sponge the money off ya...should be interesting the new songs they dig up...

rebirth said:
yeah we know about it....most record companies do it....
sponge the money off ya...should be interesting the new songs they dig up...

Yeah on one hand it's really annoying to have to shell out more money for albums you already have. But on the other hand if you really love the album it's always very interesting to hear long-lost songs that didn't make the cut.