Europe - (almost) Unplugged @ Nalen, Stockholm

Domine

I'm watching a recording of the show Europe did at Nalen in Stockholm last Sunday and I just felt I had to share some thoughts about it, simply because I think it's a fantastic gig.

The band sounds better than ever and I really feel they have "aged and matured" with dignity. They're mixing their own songs with songs from other artists that have inspired them over the years and it's a really good mix of material.

The sound is really great and as I said, they play better than ever. To hear "Dreamer" was almost like a revelation and the band probably performs the best version of "The final countdown" they've ever done.

If you get a chance to see the show, don't hesitate! It's well worth the time (the show is around 1 1/2 hour long).

My god, when "The Final Countdown" came out back in what...'86 or '87?...I thought I had died and gone to heaven :cool: I thought that was the coolest song ever. And then "Carrie"...well, let's just say that was the perfect tune for a quiet, candlelit evening at home with a date, if you know what I mean :heh:

I'd love to see them play after all these years...Stefan, do you know if it is still the original lineup?