First time Poster! Please Rate my Mixes...i would like to get to know you guys!

slampop

Artist: Idoler
Nov 11, 2008
Alameda, Ca.
www.soundclick.com
Hey everybody, my artist name is Idoler. i'm posting a couple mixes for you guys to listen to. i use DFHS still (haven't been persuaded by S2.0 yet, hahaha), along w/ the PODX3 for all other instruments (have yet to be able to afford the Axe fx, and i do not use impulses w/ the POD).

The first mix is "Calloused," this i wrote for my band i'm currently trying to hold together :mad:, it's pretty straight forward brutal stuff, and the first original track i recorded of mine i have actually laid some vocals down on as of late!
"Calloused"
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7135173

The second mix is just from my own personal Idoler project, this material tends to be very Bulb"y"/Meshugg"esque"/btbam"ish" sounding/influenced, i hope you guys enjoy this, i think it's a real fun song! :headbang: this one is just instrumental as of now.
"Pieces"
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7572167

i hope you guys enjoy!
Cheers! :kickass:

please, feel free to post links to your guys' latest stuff too, i would like to get to know all of you guys on here and become familiar with your material as well!

"add me!"
www.myspace.com/idoler1

really cool riffs and harmonies! is there bass guitar in there or just very low guitar? try pulling back the mids on the kick a little to make a little more room in the bottom end. it's getting a little squashed, but i'm really diggin your style!

sounds Bulb-like.

...okay, but did you like it? hahaha

...anyway, "pieces," yes, the first two riffs came out pretty Bulb status, but hey, the guys tone and production is retarded, and it's kinda hard to not be influenced by it when trying to match production like his, and the end was very btbam, so what can i sAy? Plus, Meshuggah is, and has been, one of my favorite bands, and it was Bulb's awesome MESHUGG"esque" style in the first place that got me into him. so i believe we're all a bit guilty of being "someone else-like" at one time or another, hahaha.
now "Calloused" on the other hand, totally my kinda style, which is why it's for my band, and not my personal "for fun" projects, which i tend to use a lot of influences on! Yay! :D

thanx for the comment dude!

...anyone else? :( and please, feel free to post links to your stuff! :)

I really like this stuff. Not what i like to do, but entertaining anyways :p

hahaha, yea, everyone has their own personal GAS when it comes to genre. btw, checked out your myspace yesterday dude, and being a bit of a Dimmu fan, the two tracks on there were a pleasure to listen to. keep up the great work! solid production. :headbang:

absolutely amazing composing, programming and playing. All you have to do is nail your mix/recording techniques down and the songs will be production orsmness. Btw, you have a killer scream (if that is you in the first song), it fits perfectly, fuck the band.... do it all yourself :D

The First song is pretty Sick!! Good writing bro, and stick with this over the bulb stuff please. I tried to listen to the second song (Bulb) and I just shut it off. This is just my own music preference but for recording they both sound really good! Well the beginning of the second one sounded good till I shut it off...:heh:

absolutely amazing composing, programming and playing. All you have to do is nail your mix/recording techniques down and the songs will be production orsmness. Btw, you have a killer scream (if that is you in the first song), it fits perfectly, fuck the band.... do it all yourself :D

thanx a lot dude! when you say "nail my mix/recording techniques," do you have anything you could elaborate on w/ teh mixez!? i would love some critique on what you might be hearing that i'm not...besides that the kick in Calloused is sprinkled heavy with way too much POW-der! hahaha

The First song is pretty Sick!! Good writing bro, and stick with this over the bulb stuff please. I tried to listen to the second song (Bulb) and I just shut it off. This is just my own music preference but for recording they both sound really good! Well the beginning of the second one sounded good till I shut it off...:heh:

thanx dude, but wow man! :( i knew that the first couple of riffs came out a bit more "bulbish" than i wanted, but i didn't know it was THAT "Bulbish," the first two riffs were actually filler riffs for the song, i wrote them to fit with the second set of "constant tapping riffs," originally all of which was TOTALLY inspired by Chimp Spanners "The Bad Code" :D, and the last half of the song was like Tony Danza meets BTBAM kinda stuff, or so i have been told. i also have been a member on the sevenstring forum for a while now, and it's that kind of meshuggah "toned" riffage kind of sound that many on there strive for, so i kinda got caught up in that style for that reason as well, hahaha! but honestly though, i didn't mean for it to be that bad. thanx for the listen dude, but do me a solid and finish up the "Pieces" track. the ending is the best part imho. :)

or just check this out...you might like it more, it's a track i plan on using for my band and have yet to put vocals on it. :)
"In Dark Places"
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7502042
this is another track where one might want to stick with it till the end, hahaha, UBER EPICNESS!

First song is... wow. Vox up a tiny bit maybe? Other than that, damn.

Second song is really good... I just don't like the tone of the higher tapped guitar it comes out very nasal. Put some more balls behind it and it'll shine.

hahaha, thanx dude. i agree i should definitely put some more balls behind "Pieces," but as it looks, i might have to scrap that song all together, cause i'm really not trying to step on anyones toes, i just like to write stuff i'm influenced by for fun. Thanx for the feedback dude!

and thanx everyone for the honesty! it's what makes me better, and strive to be better!

thanx a lot dude! when you say "nail my mix/recording techniques," do you have anything you could elaborate on w/ teh mixez!? i would love some critique on what you might be hearing that i'm not...besides that the kick in Calloused is sprinkled heavy with way too much POW-der! hahaha

Its a good mix, other then the kick, i would bring the vox up abit, and it seems to max out a few bits (i think), maybe too hot?

That "in dark places" song is rad too..

btw where can i download that mc chris song on your soundclick page? (p.s i dont want to sign up :D)

that song is absolute killer.

btw where can i download that mc chris song on your soundclick page? (p.s i dont want to sign up :D)

that song is absolute killer.

hahaha, thanx dude! here's a little back story on this track just for fun!:

the funny thing is, i had just gotten serious about recording and got nuendo and dfhs etc just this last summer, and this was the first thing i recorded for the mc chris remix contest. i knew absolutely NOTHING about music production, and needless to say...it didn't win. especially when i gave it to him at the warped tour drunk as all hell and tried to "fake" grab his nipples for a picture. he did not appreciate it, and "bro'd" me hard, hahaha! pretty sure the cd went straight to the garbage that day, probably where it belonged, and i don't feel it should have gone any other way, i probably would have "bro'd" myself in the same situation. oops!...live and learn right!?

anywho, i rerecorded it four months later when i had learned a bit more about production, and this is not my "favorite" mix of mine, it still has a lot of Noob-ness, hahaha, but it's a thousand times better than the old one. really glad you dug it man! :)

Cheers dude! :kickass: and here ya go!
http://www.mediafire.com/?xo5bfmu1rmj Mc Chris is Djent-01.mp3

also: i actually did two tracks for this originally, and will be rerecording both for this new music site my friend is about to launch! Yay! :D

fuck yeeeha thanks for that, going straight in my car :D

there needs to be more cross genre stuff in this world...