Former PANTERA Bassist REX BROWN Teams Up With JOEY STURGIS TONES For 'Bassforge' Plug-In

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former PANTERA bassist Rex Brown is putting out a new plug-in for DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) and studio applications. He teamed up with Joey Sturgis Tones to bring you his classic bass tones you've come to know and love with a JST twist. From rock and metal to southern rock and country, Bassforge Rex Brown delivers a powerful force of tonal options to forge your bass tone with ease. Bassforge is a series of audio plugins designed to take any direct input bass signal all the way to fully mixed bass tone each with a unique all-in-one design. No other plugins necessary, Bassforge is your complete bass guitar tone solution. For more information, click here. Rex is currently working on a "a really introspective" follow-up to his debut solo album, "Smoke On This…", which was released in July 2017 via Entertainment One (eOne). The effort marked the first time in Brown's career where he served as both lead vocalist and guitarist in a band. "I went through a totally different songwriting process on this one and yes, it's very introspective, but at the same time it's kind of dark," he told Loudwire earlier this year. "We haven't finished it yet, but I've got so much stuff in the can, it's just ridiculous. It's a darker record for me, but it's one of those things where you've just got to let it out when it comes out… I'd say it's still bluesy, but the songs are more well rounded. We just wanted to get my feet wet the first time. But this one's got its rockers on there and some doomy kind of [PINK] FLOYD stuff on it — that kind of vibe. I wanted to use the studio kind of more as a palette for what I was doing rather than the other way around… It's a trippy record, and I'm still trying to get my head around it."
rexbrownplugins.jpg

Continue reading...