Fret Buzz Problem, Please help

Dcnewman

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2011
Iowa City, IA
Hey guys,

When I changed my guitar strings about a month ago i started having a buzzing problem with my first fret :erk:. It's only on the first fret and all of the strings. As most of the fixes I've seen have been on multiple frets I'm wondering if this is a different problem? and how can I fix it? Also not sure if this has anything to do with it but it does have a Floyd Rose.

Thanks,
D

If he put a different gauge on he should have said so.

If you're worried about messing it up, take it to another tech. If not, you could try raising the bridge up a bit. What tuning are you in? This info could help pinpoint a good string gauge to use.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvuahP-ZO-c&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/ame]

found this last night, should be pretty useful. but watch out for that damned Fred Buzz, he's a bitch. maybe you'll want to watch the clean version without him in it lol

Is the Floyd flush/parallel to the body? I have found even with pretty small
deviations from that approach has gotten me buzz on the 1st fret that I could not account for with string height, neck relief, & pickup height. If all of those things are cool I would say you might want to install a very small shim under the locking nut, though I doubt that is it if they were cool before the string change.

Hope that helps.

thanks for all the help guys,
its a 7 string tuned to drop a, and its a neck though, the tech could have changed the gauge, or maybe i did when i changed the stings last and just wasnt paying attention, the floyd is definitely flush with the body, maybe ill just have to take it in and get it set up, i think thatll be the safest bet