Gates of Winter- Lux Aeterna

Woods of Ypres front man David Gold told me in an interview earlier this week that Woods is going through some changes, not least of which is that he has decided to join Gates of Winter as their drummer, beginning in August (a month after David returns from Korea). Woods "WILL" (to use David's emphasis) continue to exist and "WILL" continue to make albums. But he will be in both bands.

There are other changes afoot in the Woods of Ypres camp that ought to make things interesting for fans. But that news will unfold shortly. I wasn't at liberty to reveal anything David told me until after the official announcements.

What this information means for PPUSA is that if Gates of Winter is chosen as the opening band for this year's fest, we'll get to see David from Woods of Ypres in the drummer's seat -- and a creative energy that can only come from the collaboration of people who really love making music together. I know for a fact that David is stoked about playing with Gates. He respects those guys and loves their music. He's looking forward to contributing his own ideas and energy to help them craft their next album.

Bill