Gear question for Michael Kammeyer

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
Hi Michael,

I hope you're still around these parts to take some questions.
On LOTBC especially, do you remember which amp and cab you used in the studio?
Any information you remember would be great :)

Thanks
Daniel

I kinda giggled when you first posted this. Only because a long while back I know I asked Mike the same "gear" question. It was in the form of an e-mail or maybe even on this forum. Either way, I do not remember his response nor could find the original question, quotes, response, info etc. Oh well.

I just checked out some Youtube live vids and studio vids...noticed Mike playing some dark blue Ibanez guitars through Marshall amps. I think he may have said this set up was used in the studio. Along with the usual echo / delay effects. Laney amps were also seen in the studio vids...not sure if Mike or Toke or both of them used Laneys? If I recall correctly, Mike stated that it was a basic straight forward set up...nothing too elaborate. It was this or he may have simply replied to my original question with " my gear?...it is none of your fuckin business"...or something to that liking. I don't know lol.

edit: Also, found an interview from 2005 with Perfectprog.com. Mike stated he prefers Ibanez RG series guitars and Marshall or Crate amps with a Boss GT-8 effects board. In studio his sound was more created by the producer with a mixture of distortions, reverb, delays etc.