Got "The Unseen" yet?

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
So who's had a chance to pick up the new one yet?

I got it today from Metal Mayhem. Had it on in the car earlier today and was really impressed. It's a really top effort from the boys. A tiny bit different, but still very Eyefear.

So who's had a chance to pick up the new one yet?

I got it today from Metal Mayhem. Had it on in the car earlier today and was really impressed. It's a really top effort from the boys. A tiny bit different, but still very Eyefear.

What are your likes and dislikes compared to the other releases ????

There is only one thing that I dislike about the album, but it's not 100% related to the band: the vocals are way to sibilant. The 'S's are way too over bearing, I can't turn the volume up as much as I'd like to because the sibilant words just scream out of the speakers. Some massive de-essing would have been much appreciated.

Definately no complaints with the music though. The Eyefear sound is still there, the prog is still there, the slow tracks are awsome and the faster tracks will go off live- like a frog in a sock! The melodies in the vocals and the arrangements are really top notch on this one. Everyone shines on it.

Love it.

funny you should mention that, just the other night I was listening to it in headphones (for the 1st time) to get a different perspective and that was something I also noticed, im pretty sure Tommy de-essed the vocals but it may have needed more tweeking. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

I gotta say that I am proud of you guys , the new album is awesome , you guys have really hit the spot in terms of progressing and moving forwards.
I was at the office of Dockyard in Hamburg and they passed me a copy of it and it was my most played cd when I was recently on tour.

Well done and mega congrats to you all , Sammy you did a great job, Con your guitar playing is ripping and Danny , whoahhh you have such spite in your voice it blows me away .

Have a good one Brothers.

Chris VP :)

The new album is amazing, awesome production, guitar and bass tone, drums and keyboards sound excellent as well, Danny is on fire on this album, you did yourselves and us proud guys!

I gotta say that I am proud of you guys , the new album is awesome , you guys have really hit the spot in terms of progressing and moving forwards.
I was at the office of Dockyard in Hamburg and they passed me a copy of it and it was my most played cd when I was recently on tour.

Well done and mega congrats to you all , Sammy you did a great job, Con your guitar playing is ripping and Danny , whoahhh you have such spite in your voice it blows me away .

Have a good one Brothers.

Chris VP :)

Hey Chris,

cheers mate, thanks for the kind words, glad you like it. You guys must have had a blast over there, When I pop over to Silv and Linda's place I'll check out pics and vids of your tour.

cheers,

SammyG