Half way through the year - what are you digging most?

Accept - Blood of the Nations
Atlantean Kodex - The Golden Bough
Overkill - Ironbound
Skull Fist - Heavier Than Metal
Arryan Path - Terra Incognita
Innerwish - No Turning Back
Striker - Eyes In the Night
Skullview - Metalkill the World
Myrath - Desert Call
Enforcer - Diamonds
Convixion - s/t
Wuthering Heights - Salt

and I am waiting for:

Tank - War Machine
Crystal Tears - Generation X
Raven - Walk Through Fire

Disappointments

Astral Doors - Requiem of Time
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Skull Fist - Heavier Than Metal
Arryan Path - Terra Incognita

and I am waiting for:

Crystal Tears - Generation X

Skull Fist EP is funny and catchy but a little "childish". But maybe that´s the secret of being addictive.

I´l removing heaven and hell trying to buy the new Arryan Path but didn´t get it yet. I love "Road to Macedonia" and I´m waiting for listening their new stuff. Someone said to me that it wasn´t as good as "Road".

About Crystal Tears, I liked a lot "Choirs of immortal" but I don´t see (until listening) the band without Natasa. I guess Ian Perry is singing with them now isn´t it? It sounds weird to me. Maybe they have added a more prog touch in their music. I´m curious about it.

@ Marco: Yeah, Ian Parry is the singer on the new Crystal Tears CD. I don't have the CD in my hands yet, but from the reviews I have read it has a more power approach than the rough "Choirs of Immortal".

As for Arryan Path, it is available through the band's label: http://www.pitchblackrecords.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

I don't know if you' ll like it more than "Road...". It's less epic and more europower than the debut. I also think that "Road..." is better, but the new one has some very strong songs.

@ Wyvern & kuier: the new Tank album has no relationship with their early stuff. It's more like Saxon of the '90s and '00s and Doogie is doing very good work on vocals.

Listen to that:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Wyvern & kuier: the new Tank album has no relationship with their early stuff. It's more like Saxon of the '90s and '00s and Doogie is doing very good work on vocals.

I downloaded it yesterday, I'm gonna check it later but I'm still skeptical like Kuier said.

@ Marco: Yeah, Ian Parry is the singer on the new Crystal Tears CD. I don't have the CD in my hands yet, but from the reviews I have read it has a more power approach than the rough "Choirs of Immortal".

As for Arryan Path, it is available through the band's label: http://www.pitchblackrecords.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

OK, you've convinced me ... Saxon-ish is good. Will try and find it and let you know my thoughts.

I actually went and found the album and listened ... whereas I'm all for evolviong your sound and moving forward, to me this is just not Tank. Make no mistake, it is good and Doogie does a good job ito the music. HOwever, in places it sounds like what Maiden should have sounded like with Blaze. They should have changed the band name because it looks like a "we'll show you that we own the name" kinda move. All good tho :)