Halo of Blood Over Australia Tour 2014

Sampy Arctica™

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 21, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
www.facebook.com
Halo of Blood Over Australia, East Coast Tour 2014

25aiz2c.jpg

CHILDREN OF BODOM, a name that redefined a genre and made it their own and a name that continues to galvanise all walks of life and all Heavy Metal sub-genres within their culture, it’s a name that crosses genres and moulds them into the one army. In 2014, CHILDREN OF BODOM return to Australia for an exclusive East Coast tour on the back of their strongest release to date that surpasses any of the band’s classic and ground breaking releases such as ‘Something Wild’, ‘Hatebreeder’ and ‘Follow The Reaper’.

Fronted by the charismatic Alexi Laiho, CHILDREN OF BODOM deliver live performances that are nothing short of breathtaking with every show leaving the viewer spellbound and gasping for air. Such is the enormous amount of energy and entertainment the entire band puts out, simply stated, CHILDREN OF BODOM back up their studio recordings with a non-stop battery and barrage to the senses of anyone that attends their shows, it’s the only way they know and long may it continue!

CHILDREN OF BODOM will perform tracks off their brilliant and recent new release ‘Halo of Blood’; they will also perform a comprehensive selection of fan favourite tracks. CHILDREN OF BODOM will be performing East Coast shows only; Melbourne, Sydney (all-ages) and Brisbane.

They will be supported nationally by EYE OF THE ENEMY and will be joined by ORPHEUS OMEGA for the Melbourne show.

There will be on offer a strictly limited VIP meet and greet fan pack pass available for these shows and the limited fan pack is heaped with Australia-only exclusive items. The VIP Meet & Greet fan pass is obtainable from Metal Massacre Online; http://www.metalmassacre.com.au/Children-of-Bodom-Australian-Tour-2014?sort=p.model&order=ASC

TICKETS ON SALE NOW from: http://www.metalmassacre.com.au/Children-of-Bodom-Australian-Tour-2014?sort=p.model&order=ASC

(Ticketing outlets from Monday 3rd December)

TOUR DATES

Wednesday 7th May – Billboard The Venue, MELBOURNE (18+)

Tickets from www.metalmassacre.com.au / www.moshtix.com.au / www.ticketek.com.au
w/ EYE OF THE ENEMY + ORPHEUS OMEGA

Friday 9th May – The HiFi, SYDNEY (All Ages)
Tickets from www.metalmassacre.com.au / www.thehifi.com.au
w/ EYE OF THE ENEMY

Saturday 10th May – The HiFi, BRISBANE (18+)
Tickets from www.metalmassacre.com.au / www.thehifi.com.au
w/ EYE OF THE ENEMY

For all Media Enquiries, please contact John Howarth from Riot! Entertainment at john@riotact.com.au or Ph: +61 409 653-786

www.cobhc.com
www.rockstarrecordsau.com
www.metalobsession.net
www.metalmassacre.com.au
www.andrewhaug.com
www.riotact.com.au
www.nuclearblast.de
www.facebook.com/RockstarRecordsAndTouring

Tickets: http://www.metalmassacre.com.au/Children-of-Bodom-Australian-Tour-2014?sort=p.model&order=ASC
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/COBHCAustralianTour

"...on the back of their strongest release to date that surpasses any of the band’s classic and ground breaking releases such as ‘Something Wild’, ‘Hatebreeder’ and ‘Follow The Reaper’."

Come on, a little tasteless advertising... Halo of Blood is good, but only the title track is an eternal diamond, and the album can never compare to Follow the Reaper or Hatebreeder. The strong and fresh sound is made to make the title track as good as possible, but many of the other songs just come and go. It's not epic and dark enough. You only have two songs: Halo of Blood and Transference, that stand on all four feet to begin with, and maybe Scream for Silence. Others are cripple, having a great little idea, but not carrying through the whole song. Some songs (8, 10) don't have anything spectacular about them. It's gonna be hard to produce creativity to the extent of even reaching to songs like Follow the Reaper, Everytime I Die, Silent Night, Warheart, that float somewhere in the clouds of divine creativity. Some songs have an attempt, like All Twisted with that chorus, or Bodom Blue Moon with that riff, or the slow song with one amazing section, but they fall right back with gravity, dragged down by the limbing composition. Only the title track is able to touch those songs. Naturally it's an album that's whipping the shit out of _most_ of the music out there, but Bodom fans aren't easily satiated or blown away, after you greet them with those classic masterpieces in their youth... It's okay to hype the album, but when someone announces it surpasses those classics, I get a rush of boiling blood thru my veins.

^I think halo of blood is great because of the fact that imo the song writing has matured and become more coherent, whilst maintaining that distinctive sound bodom have.
If they only managed to muster that same drive and energy they had on, say ftr or hcdr, HoB would have been an epic record in my eyes.

Yes. The epicness is most important. There are other ways to exploit one's maturity than the song compositions. I don't see the old diamonds suffering from lack of maturity compared to this. When we talk about music, what's wrong about Warheart or Silent Night? I think you confuse 'mature' with 'boring.' If anything, I think the vocal work in Halo of Blood is sometimes awkward, and the reason you wouldn't present the songs in a public place like facebook. If you implied to maturity as in experience, then yes, sometimes you can "hear" it in the old records, but you can hear some stupid stuff in the new ones too. You can find the same cycle with almost any band, it starts with inexperience and creativity, ending with experience and lack of creativity, and the peak moment is always somewhere in the middle.

There's nothing wrong about warheart or snbn, but one could say, specifically for snbn, that they both have parts that just taste bland when you've dwelled deeper into music theory. For example, the intro "melody" shred in the middle of the song could very well pass as a guitar exercise on open string notes and sweeps, which are the same boring shapes everyone has used at one point or another. Same with the warheart sweeps and runs in the solo, typical day one shapes.
It's the pure simplicity that makes them sound in part arbitrary to me, but at the same time it's a fine line between it being just guitar wankery or ingenious song writing. I'm on the fence, really.
I enjoy or have enjoyed both songs, but now looking back to them as a more experienced guitar player, I have a hard time feeling the same degree of epic the songs once had.

I failed to specify that the maturity I claim to witness is regarding to compositions, not to the actual themes or lyrics of the songs, for we know RRF had songs equipped with themes as superficial as they come.
And, yes. Joonas you're right about the "peak", that's definitely true.

Some songs (8, 10) don't have anything spectacular about them.

Those are my two favorites from the album hahah

There's nothing wrong about warheart or snbn, but one could say, specifically for snbn, that they both have parts that just taste bland when you've dwelled deeper into music theory. For example, the intro "melody" shred in the middle of the song could very well pass as a guitar exercise on open string notes and sweeps, which are the same boring shapes everyone has used at one point or another. Same with the warheart sweeps and runs in the solo, typical day one shapes.
It's the pure simplicity that makes them sound in part arbitrary to me, but at the same time it's a fine line between it being just guitar wankery or ingenious song writing. I'm on the fence, really.
I enjoy or have enjoyed both songs, but now looking back to them as a more experienced guitar player, I have a hard time feeling the same degree of epic the songs once had.

I agree with everything you said. Snbn and warheart used to be two of my favorite songs years ago, but now I just find them pretty boring for the same reasons as you. I'll get lots of hate for this I'm sure, but that's generally how I feel about Hatebreeder in general now. It just doesn't excite me anymore, and I very rarely find myself listening to it

I agree with everything you said. Snbn and warheart used to be two of my favorite songs years ago, but now I just find them pretty boring for the same reasons as you. I'll get lots of hate for this I'm sure, but that's generally how I feel about Hatebreeder in general now. It just doesn't excite me anymore, and I very rarely find myself listening to it

I'm right there with you. I also recall Alexi sort of belittling the first three albums in an interview, something along the lines "we were still searching for our sound and found it with hcdr". I think Janne has also said something alike.

I think the band in general, but especially Alexi, has a hard time standing behind the old material as fast because the relation to it has changed so much. I think Alexi dislikes Hatebreeder or any of the earlier albums for the same reasons we do.
But the band is "forced" to play the songs live, because they're fan favourites.

I also think that the decrease of stage drive and energy is primarily due to getting older, but also due to the fact that the themes or feelings the songs have represented for the band and Alexi may not be there anymore. At least not as strongly when the old songs were first written and recorded.

Well I hope the self-destructive themes of the albums like AYDY and Blooddrunk are behind Alexi. He did start to look back with nostalgy; Halo of Blood artwork is proof of that. It no longer deals with self-loathe. It's called taking responsibility of life and humbling down. However, only full-blown guitar geeks would call Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper "immature" due to musical theory being "simple" on those albums. 99% of people in the world can't listen to them because they're too complex. I thought musical theory was just a TOOL to create the art, but some people seem to think the complex technicality is EVERYTHING. Fuck that! So enjoyable to listen to pieces of music that are a bit more simple, but sound fucking godly epic. So what if the solos in SNBN are patterns you recognized on guitar classes you took a year ago, and want to say you proceeded from that? It's still a solo I worship to the bone, just because it's so enjoyable. Even the easy rhythm guitar sections are so much more enjoyable, because they serve their purpose.