How to fix low mids in a mix ?!

the recto has an active EQ dude.
Hate to say it, but RTFM. Thing explains it all.
My recto is: T:2 M:10 B:2.5 G:10.5
Run tubescreamer in front. Full on level, no gain, tone at 12.
Sounds massive in room. then it's just a matter of placing the mic right.

the recto has an active EQ dude.
Hate to say it, but RTFM. Thing explains it all.
My recto is: T:2 M:10 B:2.5 G:10.5
Run tubescreamer in front. Full on level, no gain, tone at 12.
Sounds massive in room. then it's just a matter of placing the mic right.

do you mean to put the treble on 2 or 2 oclock ?

The Recto doesn't have an active eq, but the controls all interact with each other in a strange way. Total bastard of an amp to dial in to be honest.

The Recto doesn't have an active eq, but the controls all interact with each other in a strange way. Total bastard of an amp to dial in to be honest.

which means that the recto has got a lot of tones to offer :)
I really like the tone of the recto but im micing with only 1 sm57...what if i get the audix i5 ? will that be a good choice?

which means that the recto has got a lot of tones to offer :)
I really like the tone of the recto but im micing with only 1 sm57...what if i get the audix i5 ? will that be a good choice?

The rectos don't have a bunch of tones available. They have a lot of different sounds available, but that doesn't mean that they are all useable tones. An i5 is not a good choice for a Recto. I tried a few mics back when I used to mic up a recto and the i5 was always my least favorite.

If you need something else other than an SM57 (and you shouldn't need to!) then a Heil PR20 is a good choice. It smooths out the high end of the rec and bumps the midrange.