I'm going to be buying a pair of monitors soon. Spend my money for me.

metalfanat1c

Jun 17, 2010
Thinking the BX8a's? I'd like something with a fairly large woofer as I tend to mix quite bass heavy on smaller monitors, and to compensate for that tendency, I end up being worried about what I can't hear so I turn the low end way down and end up with a boring bottomless mix. (I have early Rockit 5's right now...)

Any suggestions other than the BX8a's? $600 budget/pair.

if you look really hard there are some deals for used Adams a7s for around that price the new model coming out kind of drove the used price down on the older ones.

A7 bass response is not exactly overwhelming though....hard to hear whats going on without a sub imho

yamaha hs80m. best thing in that pricerange.

Well for starters the Bx8's are not 600 for a pair, so you are almost talking a different budget. I love my Bx8a Deluxes, for the price they really can't be beat, I just wish I had a better acoustically sound environment.

And how many of those 10 threads were interested in the BX8a's? How many had a $600 budget? How many were posted by the godly metalfanat1c? And how many were specific to my needs/current problems?

Narrow it down, buddy.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...ophile-BX8a-Deluxe-Active-Monitors?sku=600740

They're $500... for a pair. That falls into the $0-600 budget, does it not? :p

Thanks, dudes. I think the HSM80s look pretty drool worthy. So do the A7s, but finding a pair used is proving pretty hard in my price range.

I got mine for $430 but the going price at the time was 490, generally when budgets are thrown around its the maximum they want to spend but typically don't want to go lower and the difference from what I paid to what you claimed your budget to be is kind of large, so I was just making sure.

The Bx series blow just about anything out of the water in the price range, yes adams and HSM80s will be slightly better, but are quite a bit more in price.

Yamaha HS80M 8" for the win. I wish to upgrade my monitors someday. I have had my KRK V6's for ever, but would looooove some Yamaha's.