IRON MAN - I Have Returned (Ultra Heavy Riffs) LP/CD

A phrase that I hear fairly often around the internets regarding certain bands like Burzum come to mind here, which goes something to the effect of:

"If I only listened to bands whose musicians I had no qualms of any kind with, I wouldn't listen to many bands at all."

Honestly, the guy really rubbed me the wrong way, and a lot of people felt the same way. I never heard the band before that show, and after it I was pretty committed to never pursuing them again. What I heard was a bunch of decent Sabbath riffs with some mediocre to poor vocals belted out by a loathsome individual spewing bullshit between every song. But after they posted samples from the new album, it was like hearing a different band. And the singer may be a dick ("dry humor" or not), but he's a good doom metal singer and fits the band well, and that means more with respect to the band than whether or not he's a dick in real life. I'd say give the new album a chance. Then again you and Ken barely listen to metal any more so who knows.

Well, I have Generation Void, and while it is decent, I find it nothing compared to the intensity of watching Al and the boys perform live. I wouldn't avoid the band because the singer's a dick or an addict or anything, the thread just reminded me of his tomfoolery.

And you're right, I have next to no interest in metal anymore beyond playing it and keeping up on bands that I'm REALLY keen on, so I'll probably never end up owning or regularly hearing this album.

I'm still going to buy and, most likely, enjoy this album even though the singer is a douche.