James Muller

Pretty solid player. I really don't like the arrangement he did for that song. I'm pretty sure I have one of his cd's or at least something he was on. I know he plays/played with wackerman so that might be it. He's one those players where I don't have too much to critique him on, and it's not a stylistic thing, but he just doesn't do it for me that much.

I was a bit undecided about that piece myself but dont really listen to enough pure jazz to pass judgement, it has its good moments. The jazz improv is beyond me but at times listening/watching that I followed along. I worked on a jazz ish type song lastnight (smooth) and listening back I had a few times it almost sounded like I knew what I was doing.... but the rest.... yikes! lots of fun though

I was a bit undecided about that piece myself but dont really listen to enough pure jazz to pass judgement, it has its good moments. The jazz improv is beyond me but at times listening/watching that I followed along. I worked on a jazz ish type song lastnight (smooth) and listening back I had a few times it almost sounded like I knew what I was doing.... but the rest.... yikes! lots of fun though

I'm with you on most of this. My days of harmony and theory are way behind me. Most stuff like this is just way over my head now...I just think he has some great chops.

I studied when I was young...attended Berklee for a bit...but that's many years ago...just like anything else, you need to keep up or much of it slips away. I've considered finding a good teacher, but at this point in my life, the money and time would be better spent elsewhere...maybe someday.

I took lessons around 89 or 90 for about a year, probably a little less. It was under the idea of improvational ideas but we tossed alot of ideas around, it was free form lessons.... lol. He is a pretty good jazz player as well as blues, rock and metal. But leans toward jazz and blues. The few times we worked on jazz improv I could get the feel by bouncing off his technique. So actually playing with other influences as well as better players is very productive, however the easy and lazy way out..... its still gobs more fun, and thats what music is about.