Jordpuls album translate?

TrollCross

New Metal Member
Nov 25, 2004
Mexico
Hi there, I would like to know the meaning of all the songs from album Jordpuls, if someone can translate to ENGLISH, i would appreciate, and if you need it, i can translate ENGLISH<->SPANISH... Any help?
:D

I was going to ask about this at some point, not knowing Swedish and all. I remember Draugen used to post the translations on his blog/website awhile back, but I don't t think he does that anymore. So yea...if anyone who speaks Swedish wants to step up to the plate, we very much appreciate it.

I was going to ask about this at some point, not knowing Swedish and all. I remember Draugen used to post the translations on his blog/website awhile back, but I don't t think he does that anymore. So yea...if anyone who speaks Swedish wants to step up to the plate, we very much appreciate it.

I could do it - but it takes a lot of time + I usually get so damn tired after a while that it all becomes Swenglish sooner or later.
But tomorrow, I have laundry day and since I don't have anything special to do when the clothes are in the machines - I just MIGHT do it... ;)

I could do it - but it takes a lot of time + I usually get so damn tired after a while that it all becomes Swenglish sooner or later.
But tomorrow, I have laundry day and since I don't have anything special to do when the clothes are in the machines - I just MIGHT do it... ;)

OOOOH pleeeease Draugen! That would be so cool :hotjump:

But you shouldn't do this on your own!

I can certainly edit the translations (you know how much I love to edit :lol:), and other fluent Swedish speakers (Angry guy, Lefay, etc.) can help with the translation.

I'd love to read a discussion on why certain decisions were made and to have you guys criticise each other over said decisions. Wheee translation is fuuuun!

But you shouldn't do this on your own!

I can certainly edit the translations (you know how much I love to edit :lol:), and other fluent Swedish speakers (Angry guy, Lefay, etc.) can help with the translation.

I'd love to read a discussion on why certain decisions were made and to have you guys criticise each other over said decisions. Wheee translation is fuuuun!

Meh, I don't think translations are very fun and there's probably a lot of things that can be edited in my translation - but it's done and up either way.
http://www.skald.se/trollskogen/lyrics.html

As I said before, there might be a couple of Swenglish words in there somewhere, but not that many I think. And there's also two words that I don't know what they mean at all - "tun" and "tjäll" that is.
Overall, this album felt quite easy to translate compared to old V & Otyg.

Edit away! :p

doesn't it mean something like nest?

tun...i suppose you refer to klippor ock skär part "nejd och tun" i've seached it some time ago, i suppose it's "district and farmyard"

Hmm, according to NE.se - "tjäll" means "simple dwelling" or "simple farmyard"
and "tun" means "courtyard"
I'll edit this right away!

uhu this is a very cool site for unsual/old-fashioned words!!! thanks for making me discover it!

wow thanks a lot Draugen! ^^:headbang:

since i had tried to translate Till Dånet av Forsar och Fall here myself, i see that a piece of text is missing in your translation :

till dånet av forsar och fall;
bergras, jordskred och laviner
som plöjer sin omnejd till ljudvågors svall
längs vidsträckta älvraviner

strandbrinken urholkas med en brusande ton
och stenhavsbotten spolas och perforeras
under årtusenden av djuperosion
där alla klippor skavs och forceras

dit fascinationen seglar med blixtens hast
en tjuskraft förlagd att förundra
mårkan förbinder vattendragens konstrast
med mossens dräkt längs trädfri tundra

I think you used lyrics from metal-archives.com? This ^ piece is missing there too.

wow thanks a lot Draugen! ^^:headbang:

since i had tried to translate Till Dånet av Forsar och Fall here myself, i see that a piece of text is missing in your translation :

till dånet av forsar och fall;
bergras, jordskred och laviner
som plöjer sin omnejd till ljudvågors svall
längs vidsträckta älvraviner

strandbrinken urholkas med en brusande ton
och stenhavsbotten spolas och perforeras
under årtusenden av djuperosion
där alla klippor skavs och forceras

dit fascinationen seglar med blixtens hast
en tjuskraft förlagd att förundra
mårkan förbinder vattendragens konstrast
med mossens dräkt längs trädfri tundra

I think you used lyrics from metal-archives.com? This ^ piece is missing there too.

Yeah, I used the lyrics from metal-archives.com which stole it from darklyrics.com which I typed in and uploaded myself :p
I only used the actual words that are sung in the songs. There were a couple of lyrics left out on "Solens Rötter" and there seems to be even more on "Jordpuls". Perhaps I'll write them down one day

Meh, I don't think translations are very fun and there's probably a lot of things that can be edited in my translation - but it's done and up either way.
http://www.skald.se/trollskogen/lyrics.html

As I said before, there might be a couple of Swenglish words in there somewhere, but not that many I think. And there's also two words that I don't know what they mean at all - "tun" and "tjäll" that is.
Overall, this album felt quite easy to translate compared to old V & Otyg.

Edit away! :p

:worship:I wanna say thanks for taking your time, because it takes time to manage some words or phrases, but here it is. :wave: