Killing Art (Vocal Cover)

Krypt1

May 8, 2012
Ukraine, L'viv
Hi, it's cover of one of my favourite songs by Hypocrisy - Killing Art. Please rate and give advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
1301254954_troll_face_in_640_10.jpg

Well, it is also one of my fav songs, so it will be hard to have me accept any other singing than Peter's I guess.

Not sure what type of equipment you have and what you can use for mixing and so on, but if you could tune out the original singing and raise the level of the music so you are more in tune with the singing and the music it would be easier for me to really judge it.

Now it gets too much (for me) focus on your singing, while you still hear Peter in the back, and not enough focus on how your singing goes with the music.

Can't really judge it more/better than that myself I think, other than that I prefer Peter singing this song.

Keep it up though, it's a hell of a lot better than I would be able to perform.

Yeah I tried to cut out Peter's vocals, but It didn't give any result. Microphone is Shure SM58. And for me it's hard to hear covers on Hypocrisy/Other Peter's projects too, so I understand you man)

first of all, it is a lot better than some other stuff you find on youtube.
but if you want your vocals seriously analysed, show us some raw records, only your voice, no effects ;)

im using the sm58 too btw.
here is a live video of a gig about two months agoe:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have records, I deleted them after I put them over the song.( I didn't put any effects, apart from standard ones. And the standard is from... Guitar Rig) Yeah I know it's maybe stupid but I record vocals with it)
And it's you on the vocals? Man, you're awesome)

Hey shadoweagle I remember you showing some of your bands material about two and a half year ago or something, even if I liked it then too both your vocals and your band have improved ridicolously much, this sounds fucking awesome! Do you have any recently studio recorded songs or something you can link? :)

thanks!

the only thing i have is the raw mix of our studio recordings. we will release it in the late summer of this year i think and then we will upload about the half of it to myspace or facebook.

now i only have quite old, homerecorded demo versions on our facebook page to link:
https://www.facebook.com/amplifiedmemory/app_2405167945
dont know why, but because of any reason myspace has deleted our songs from our myspace page. so you can only hear us on fb for now.