Like Most Others Here, Criticize Me!

fxckitsdillan

New Metal Member
Mar 20, 2015
Here's a link to my latest project, some vocals by me, most not.
All guitars me, and drums are blended programming.
Yes, there's no bass guitar, but programmed bass sounds pretty much overall shite and I don't have a bass.
I haven't been doing this long and I use Pod Farm, Ozone 5, and a bunch of Waves plugins that I just kinda fiddle with until I think it sounds good.

Direct me towards a better sound! :worship:

https://www.soundcloud.com/fxckitsdillan/pretentious

Sounds muddy overall, but especially the guitars and vox. Do some cleaning work in the lows and low-mids.
Real bass > Programmed bass > No bass > Substituting bass with low end of other instruments.

The vocal performance isn't quite stellar, but with a better foundation it would stand more solid as well.

Sounds muddy overall, but especially the guitars and vox. Do some cleaning work in the lows and low-mids.
Real bass > Programmed bass > No bass > Substituting bass with low end of other instruments.

The vocal performance isn't quite stellar, but with a better foundation it would stand more solid as well.
Thanks for the feedback!
I'll have a look into more virtual instruments, any virtual bass you would recommend until I can get my hands on a real one?
I like to leave some low end in with guitars cause I feel it leaves them sounding more natural, but muddiness overpowers any natural sound in the end!
Will keep working on it and always looking to know where I need to work on things, thanks again!

There's stuff like Spectrasonics Trilian, Zombass (for Kontakt) and such. Can sound realistic, all up to the programming!