Looking for some help! PLEASE, everyone read!

Undefined

Indefinite Entity
Sep 27, 2006
Unsure and Inexact
I know a lot of you guys are smart, especially when it comes to this type of stuff (I lurk here A LOT). So any help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone here know anyone who can "remaster" songs, or anyone here able to do it themselves? Not sure if 'remaster' is the term, I'm looking for someone to make a really bad quality bootleg/song into something audible/better or good quality. For example, if any of you know how the Children of Bodom 'Inearthed' demos where very shitty quality, lots of distortion and shit that made it very hard to listen to and enjoy, then someone made them better and very listenable, not sure how they did or what program they used, but apparently it is possible and I'm just looking for some help from anyone who could do this. If someone can help me out, I would appreciate it very, very much. And I'll owe you a solid favour.

Here is the link to the songs, it's from a band called Ved Buens Ende, they are no longer together, and this is just a live audio bootleg. Anyone who can help make them sound better is going to be my official hero, because the band rocks, just bothers me to hear it in such low quality.

http://rapidshare.com/files/106001466/Ved_Buens_Ende_-_...Coiled_in_Obscurity.rar

P.S. Mods, as far as I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but if I'm not allowed to post links to bootlegs (eventhough I've seen it permitted for others to do so) then just remove the link, please leave the thread here. Thanks.

I know lots of stuff about quality but you can't just make low bitrates higher cuz if you try to do that, you are actually "transcoding" them and no one likes transcodes cuz that quality sucks even more (though it's no one really can tell unless the original quality was under CBR 256 and the transcode at least VBR V0 (but that personal to one's hearing and sound installation) , only way to see it is through a spectral view which I alway use)

anywho, what you can do is filter the songs by which I mean: take out the background noise, tune the amplitude, etc. I've never done this myself but the program I use for spectral views is able to do it, at least I think. The program is called adobe audition, maybe you can experiment with it yourself.

btw, since when do you lurk here, Joe? never noticed you.