Looking for someone to do Vocals!

Perishh

May 1, 2010
Brisbane AU
Hey guys, this song was already posted but that was before it was in need of vocals. Its my solo project and while I can do all the instruments I suck at screaming/singing. If anyone would like to have a go at vocals that would be great. Sort of an online collaboration thing. Anyway here is the song! Look forward to hearing some people's vocals :cool:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7198386/On The Spot 2.mp3

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thats a pretty cool song. Your going to have a hard time finding a vocalist on here though. There are about a hundred guitarist per vocalist on this site.

I can give it a try. Any preference to lyrical content? Do you want more singing or more screams/growls?

Thats a pretty cool song. Your going to have a hard time finding a vocalist on here though. There are about a hundred guitarist per vocalist on this site.

I know man, thought it was worth a shot. Such a large group of talented musicians in one place there has to be someone!

I can give it a try. Any preference to lyrical content? Do you want more singing or more screams/growls?

No real preference dude. My initial thoughts were a mix between the two wherever the vocalist felt it fit. Just go for it an see what you think man! Look forward to hearing it :D

Seriously dude? There are only 3 instances of compression on this track, bass group, lead guitar, and some mastering compression using Slate. I dont see how it is so terrible that it would stop you from giving it a try?
Its not even a final mix yet...

I think the song's too short and generally sounds like a riff-fest. Especially the first minute, there's like five hundred different riffs stuffed in there. Not easy adding anything on top of that. I'd suggest repeating some of the cool riffs, so the song gets some structure.

I think the song's too short and generally sounds like a riff-fest. Especially the first minute, there's like five hundred different riffs stuffed in there. Not easy adding anything on top of that. I'd suggest repeating some of the cool riffs, so the song gets some structure.

I'm pretty guilty of making my songs guitar friendly haha. Thats what happens when I sit infront of the computer with just my guitar and no outside influence. Though I think there is enough room for some great vocals there with the chorus repeated and some melodic interludes. If the concensus is that it needs to change then I can talk through that with the vocalist, no problem.

I will get onto the stems tonight after work man. Will be up in the next 24 hours. Cant listen to ur samples just yet but will ASAP.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573333/To Die For.mp3
lol this is what i did
haha dont completely bash me
i did it in like an hour then my comp fucked up and reaper doesnt have an auto save
so i had to do it again and i got tired of doing it so i just redid the tracks fast
and here it is

and i know the end isnt the same lol i was just having fun with it

Sorry guys thought this thread was dead, should have subscribed to it!

DJdisaster I really dig that man, I think you did such a good job as I said in my message.

If anyone is still keen I can either upload stems, or even DI's and Midi drums for this song for your mixing practice as well. Just let me know.

Hi i would like to get some try on mixing too. I enjoy getting better at this.
But i could try to give try on scream/ growl but singing i still sux too much.