Marius

IceSage

Jul 18, 2005
Just this past week I was introduced to some of Marius' solo stuff through his myspace site (good stuff, by the way) and it's got me thinking. How did you guys hook up? I'm guessing it was through an advertisement/audition deal, but did you guys know eachother before then? Tell us a little about the history.

Thank you for the compliment..
I found Royal Anguish through an on-line advertisement. This was in the Fall of 2003. At that time I already left my previous band and was involved in another project which I was starting to reconsider and think about the move I have made. That was the time I came across Royal Anguish. I was never aware that a band like this existed and in Florida of all places. I remember going on to the band's website and listening to "My Own Despair" and the effect it had on me. It totally blew me away. I knew right then that this was what I wanted to be a part of. I contacted the band and in less than a week an audition was scheduled. That was the time I met everybody for the first time. I was quite nervous. In fact, extremely nervous but everything went well and the rest is well...history...

Marius

Thanks for the respose, Marius!
Just out of curiousity, what style of music was your previous band?

"My Own Despair" is still one of my favorite RA songs. On your 'Contrasts' cd, so far I like "In Spirit and in Flame" and "Beneath the Silence" best.

My previous band was in the vain of Misfits, Danzig, ...Maiden... I had fun.
It was totally different from what I am doing now.

Just a note on "In Spirit And In Flame". That song was written in memory of Chris Oliva of Savatage.

Marius