MESHUGGAH : 12 minutes long Medley

clems6belio

Yogurt as Lead3rs
Mar 2, 2012
Bordeaux (FRANCE)

So I did 2 months ago a big Meshuggah Medley. Not a simple cover.
Tell me what you think of my mix, guitar tone etc...
What should I improve ??

Song list :

00:00 to 1:03 = Autonomy Lost (Catch 33)
01:38 to 2:18 = Spasm (Nothing)
02:19 to 2:56 = ObZen (ObZen)
03:27 to 4:08 = Straws Pulled at Random (Nothing)
05:23 to 6:05 = Rational Gaze (Nothing)
06:06 to 7:17 = Stengah (Nothing)
07:19 to 7:57 = Electric Red (ObZen)
08:14 to 10:07 = Humiliative (Chaosphere)
10:55 to 11:45 = New Millenium Cyanide Christ (Chaosphère)
Outro

Enjoy ! And help me, please, to improve my mixes ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds br00tal man! I didn't really like the kick, sounded a bit "plastic" and thumpy.. rather than clicky.. wouldn't mind if the "lead guitar" (autonomy and spasm) had a tad more gain aswell..
The rythm guitar sounds really nice, any info on the fx chain? It might be my headphones, but sounds like there is some uncontrolled lowend when p.m (obzen), but then again, could be my headphones..
Wouldn't mind if the bass were a little bit more gritty aswell.. other than that it sounds solid! :)

awesome covers, but the mix screams 'demo'. sounds like factory presets on pretty much everything, TBH...

you can definitely play your ass off, focus on writing your own material and let someone else take the reigns is my suggestion... just an idea.

not sure what your plans are or if you're just wanting to engineer/produce...

Not bad, good effort. You used an actual Meshuggah recording or two toward the end though, so points off for unoriginality. The guitars don't need reverb in a metal mix, it just muddies it up. The drums aren't seating nicely in the mix. The guitars sound fine, if a tit muddy. What is the guitar chain and EQing? Is there bass guitar as well? If yes, then needs more grind, if no, then the guitars are too bassy.

The ObZen djent was wrong also, you were missing notes. Not sure if any other songs were like this, but that one stood out to me at first listen.