Metal Fundamentals

odiwxe

New Metal Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi.
I'm Sohail. i've been listening to metal for 10 to 12 years but have never tried to find out what's under the hood(or behind the scenes if you prefer). i know music theory, i've composed a lot of music in genres such as trance and house and also symphonic music. but nothing like metal(i guess).
i know theory is theory and basics are the same no matter what genre but i think there are some exclusive stuff regarding metal music like using special kinds of scales,modes and chords(maybe better to say special kinda "music theory" and there are also times that there's no theory as it's used in classical music for example), specific guitar playing techniques, drum stuff, working with amps, cabs, pedals etc, and all the way up to maybe VSTs, effects and mixing and mastering techniques.
i'm interested to start learning to compose metal music so i'm more interested in learning first about its theory(scales, chords, even notes etc) and also about how do they program their amps(also other hardware and software stuff)so they make that bone crushing sound out of electric guitars(really interested in knowing about this too)?
where do you think i should start from considering i know classical music theory pretty well?