Miika Tenkula, lead guitarist for SENTENCED has died.

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
What terribly sad news!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/Blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114733

SENTENCED are unquestionably one of my all time favourite bands, and they always will be! I was fortunate enough to see them live, only once, at the I-Rock Club in Detroit when they were on tour for the "Cold White Light" album and I remember it as one of my favourite shows. SENTENCED were heroes of mine and I find this news of Miika to be very sad.

Please get a hold of the SENTENCED live DVD, "Buried Alive" and watch it! I highly recommend it as probably the best live metal DVD I have ever seen! The highlight is SENTENCED's final farewell show ever, where they played something like 26 songs to a packed house in Finland. The documentary DVD is also awesome and hilarious. Miika is especially funny! There's a scene where they are posing for photos around a coffin, holding serious until the photos are taken and then bursting into laugher at their own acting. There is another scene where the members of the band say that Miika was the most talented musician in the band. Listen to any solo on "The Cold White Light", his style was just as explosive as he was musical!

Tonight, Bryan Belleau and I were arranging guitar parts for a new WOODS song with a definite SENTENCED feel that will appear on Woods 4. The title for this song is "Pain and Piss". We will be dedicating this one to Miika!

SENTENCED is still great. Spread the word,

R.I.P. Miika, long live the music! :kickass:

Wow this is just some horrible news. Sentenced is also one of my favorite bands. I totally agree with you about the "Buried Alive" DVD, I have it and it is probably the best live DVD that I have. I really wish I could have seen them live in person.

"Lower The Flags"

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it! Only the good die young!

Sentenced are one of my favorite bands, too! And yes, Buried Alive is fucking brilliant!

oddly enough, I posted that same Lower The Flags video on my facebook last night, alone with No One There as tribute.

DG's got it right, Buried Alive is great. Luckily I picked up the 4 disc collectors edition back in the day. Excellent if you can pick it up.

I guess it's fair that he went out with a helluva solo on End of the Road.

R.I.P. bro

fucking loved this band... I had hoped that they'd reunite and do some proper farewell shows in the US. Has it already been going on 4 years since they broke up? wow... I regret skipping their last tour here because Killswitch Engage was on it...