My new Edwards Gus G Signature

K.F.D

Heading For The Dawn
Feb 9, 2010
This is #7 of my Gus guitars. Absolutely love this guitar!! Only way to get the Firewind inlays without having to pay $5000 USD

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Awesome look really great. They used to sell the white one with FW logo on the body and it being an ESP at a music store I know and I think they shipped to the US. If they still have it I'll send you a link. And it wasn't 5000 dollars, it was somewhere in the price range of 2500€

Awesome look really great. They used to sell the white one with FW logo on the body and it being an ESP at a music store I know and I think they shipped to the US. If they still have it I'll send you a link. And it wasn't 5000 dollars, it was somewhere in the price range of 2500€

I haven't found a place ANYWHERE that ships to North America. :(

Sorry for the digression but; how can you all afford all of these guitars?

I visit a few bands' forums here on UM frequently and only Firewind has fans that buy every single guitar Gus endorses or plays on a regular basis. Well in reality Gus is the only one to get that sort of coverage and privilege due to a number of reasons, but you take the collectible thing a step extra.

Everyone gets CDs, shirts, possibly picks or flags, but buying signature guitars...wow...

That is truly awe-inspiring, but I can't get my head around how you get the cash? 2500€ is a lot of money to spend on something like that.

(I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way)

Yea 2500 is still a boat load of money but it is still the half of what it costs in the US. Maybe this one, good site price is in Australian dollars shipping is expensive internationally. http://bmusic.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_15_20&products_id=294

Btw guys I'm starting a new guitar build soon but I'm not sure what to do. I have 3 main ideas.

1: a Sky guitar style guitar, Uli John Roth style guitar. Difficult part, extreme extended fret range pickups under fret board.

2: "Thinline" style Gus G guitar. Difficult part, hallowing out the body correctly so it has a good sound and is still strong.

3: double neck Gus G guitar 12/6 configuration. Difficult part, body shape; weight; finding a 12 string bridge and costs needs double of everything from wood to pickups to tuners.

Any thought or opinions on this?

Sorry for the digression but; how can you all afford all of these guitars?

I visit a few bands' forums here on UM frequently and only Firewind has fans that buy every single guitar Gus endorses or plays on a regular basis. Well in reality Gus is the only one to get that sort of coverage and privilege due to a number of reasons, but you take the collectible thing a step extra.

Everyone gets CDs, shirts, possibly picks or flags, but buying signature guitars...wow...

That is truly awe-inspiring, but I can't get my head around how you get the cash? 2500€ is a lot of money to spend on something like that.

(I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way)

To answer your question, My career pays me pretty well and I budget in order to purchase these guitars. To be fair, I scour the net for good deals and some sellers even allow layaway, AND my models are mostly LTD, which are cheaper, as they are made in Korea or China. The Edwards is the only Japan made Gus model I own. Someday I will have the ESPs as well, at which point, I may unload the LTD's, they are still great guitars though.

I also have a very large FIREWIND collection (items listed in the "Your Firewind collection" thread). I know of one other guy who has multiple Gus guitars and he's currently selling a couple since he got the Edwards and an American ESP.
I have my car all decked out in Firewind and have FW tattoos etc. This band saved my life. I respect and honour them. Not to mention, Gus has been very good to me as a person, not only as a fan.

Thanks for the compliments on the "collection" dude, I didn't take your questions the wrong way at all. I think it's a logical question.

Wait until you see what else I have coming to my collection in the next few months ;)

I feel that I should mention that in total, I have 15 guitars in total, so. The Gus ones are not all I have.

Yea 2500 is still a boat load of money but it is still the half of what it costs in the US. Maybe this one, good site price is in Australian dollars shipping is expensive internationally. http://bmusic.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_15_20&products_id=294

Btw guys I'm starting a new guitar build soon but I'm not sure what to do. I have 3 main ideas.

1: a Sky guitar style guitar, Uli John Roth style guitar. Difficult part, extreme extended fret range pickups under fret board.

2: "Thinline" style Gus G guitar. Difficult part, hallowing out the body correctly so it has a good sound and is still strong.

3: double neck Gus G guitar 12/6 configuration. Difficult part, body shape; weight; finding a 12 string bridge and costs needs double of everything from wood to pickups to tuners.

Any thought or opinions on this?

For the thinline style, I would consider a chambered body over hallow, to allow strength and maintaining some tone. You will have to go with pickups that offer more bottom end and sustain.

As for the Sky guitar.. Good luck with that one!! A MASTER Luthier worked on that with Uli for years to get it just right. Not that you can't do it, it's just not a learner's type project.

For the Double neck, I would go with basswood. It's a good tone wood (EVH uses basswood) and it's very light. You might want to consider chambering the 12 string portion to lighten it a little. 12 string bridges aren't hard to find.

My career pays me pretty well and I budget in order to purchase these guitars.

I also have a very large FIREWIND collection (items listed in the "Your Firewind collection" thread). I know of one other guy who has multiple Gus guitars and he's currently selling a couple since he got the Edwards and an American ESP.
I have my car all decked out in Firewind and have FW tattoos etc. This band saved my life. I respect and honour them. Not to mention, Gus has been very good to me as a person, not only as a fan.

Thanks for the compliments on the "collection" dude, I didn't take your questions the wrong way at all. I think it's a logical question.

Wait until you see what else I have coming to my collection in the next few months ;)

I feel that I should mention that in total, I have 15 guitars in total, so. The Gus ones are not all I have.

I apologise if this sounds unruly but may I ask what do you do for a living?

I know of your impressive collection(s). I've seen that thread way back and the question remained. How could all of you afford all of that?
Like I said, the CDs - okay! But actually buying guitars, woah.

Also while I'm picking your brain mind if I ask how has Firewind saved your life exactly?

I apologise if this sounds unruly but may I ask what do you do for a living?

I know of your impressive collection(s). I've seen that thread way back and the question remained. How could all of you afford all of that?
Like I said, the CDs - okay! But actually buying guitars, woah.

Also while I'm picking your brain mind if I ask how has Firewind saved your life exactly?

I don't really talk about how they saved my life, as it's kind of a long personal story. Gus know the story, but I have not told many others than close friends.

I'm a police officer and get paid very well for what I do (over $100,000/year). I'm very good at using a budget. I have a home and 4 kids, so it's not always easy to buy these things, but extra money I get from overtime, goes to my passion for music and Firewind.

-a cop

I'd like to imagine you threw a Firewind CD at some bank robber and knocked him out, then proceeded to rock out by playing the CD over the intercom :)

On a serious note, I can understand that and respect it. Hat's off to you for risking your life on a daily basis for your community, I'm sure your kids are very proud of their dad, as they should be!

And everyone's got a passion, I can see now that you dedicated your heart to Firewind. Have fun expanding your collection in the future.

-a cop

I'd like to imagine you threw a Firewind CD at some bank robber and knocked him out, then proceeded to rock out by playing the CD over the intercom :)

On a serious note, I can understand that and respect it. Hat's off to you for risking your life on a daily basis for your community, I'm sure your kids are very proud of their dad, as they should be!

And everyone's got a passion, I can see now that you dedicated your heart to Firewind. Have fun expanding your collection in the future.

Wow man, thank you for the kind words.. I don't get that reaction too often when I tell people what I do. Not that I'm in the habit of telling people, but I don't hide it really.

I would never waste a Firewind CD on a "bad guy" lol, but there was a time right after F.A.M came out and I was listening to Wall of Sound, and may not have been paying as much attention to the spedometer as I should have. I got pulled over by a co-worker and I told him that the song kind of had something to do with it..I played it for him and he said "Ya, that'd do it".

As you could imagine, I've seen and dealt with many gruesome things as part of my job and although it's what I signed up to do, you can never anticipate the effects such visuals and circumstances will affect you. Some brought me to a dark place and I lost passion for everything..Including music. That was a scary place to be for me. It wasn't until I heard Fire and Fury for the first time that I got a rush of adrenaline and what I liken to that that scene in The Grinch that Stole Xmas" where his heart grows and grows and shatters the magnifying glass. That song restored my passion for music and everything else followed behind. It was a great moment for me. Ya, it sounds cliche and maybe I give them too much credit for "saving" me, but that's the only way I can put it. People think I'm obsessed etc...I'm really not.. Everthing to do with Firewind reminds me of where I was, and how far I have come.

The music is great, the musicianship is top notch and the band as people are just nice guys. Gus has been very courteous to me and I respect him very much because of it.

Anyway, enough of my boring stories! Are you checking out any of their upcoming shows?

How could I? The only venue here possible of attracting Firewind (well, anyone really) would be http://www.burning-sea.com/ but Firewind is on their way to Sweden during that time and I can't allow myself to go on any travels due to school and work.
Nobody really stops by Croatia, seeing as how there's bigger money to be made in other regions.
Note: the headliner for this festival (the successor of last year's Metal Fest here) is King Diamond, and at this point I regret that there isn't a sarcastic font to show how I feel about all of this.

Can you explain one more thing actually...I know people can be full of prejudice when it comes to policemen due to possible corruption or negligence, but why would anyone dis an officer of the law? Your reaction had me baffled.

How could I? The only venue here possible of attracting Firewind (well, anyone really) would be http://www.burning-sea.com/ but Firewind is on their way to Sweden during that time and I can't allow myself to go on any travels due to school and work.
Nobody really stops by Croatia, seeing as how there's bigger money to be made in other regions.
Note: the headliner for this festival (the successor of last year's Metal Fest here) is King Diamond, and at this point I regret that there isn't a sarcastic font to show how I feel about all of this.

Can you explain one more thing actually...I know people can be full of prejudice when it comes to policemen due to possible corruption or negligence, but why would anyone dis an officer of the law? Your reaction had me baffled.

That was hilarious! HAHAHA

To answer your question, it's a thankless job. It my 10 years of being on the job, I can honestly say that I've only been told "Thank you" once.

Because the minority of officers that get involved in criminal activity or get carried away with their authorities, we typically get painted with the same brush. I know that there are good people out there who respect what we do, but those aren't the people that vocalize it. It's the people who've had a bad experience with an officer at one time or another. We've all had them at one point in our lives and when people tell me that they were treated poorly by an officer that I work with, I am usually not surprised, because the same officers that are dicks to the public, are usually dicks to their co-workers too.

The media plays a big role as well. The media over here loves to tell a story of how the police did a poor job, or dropped the ball in an investigation. It's rare that a positive story is every published. Inject enough negativity into a community about any "entity" and ignore the positives and people will generally start to form a negative opinion.

I've been called "Pig" more than I've ever been called Officer. It's hard to explain. I guess because everyone has their own reasons for disliking police. I learned long ago that if I did this job for anything other than the person rewards I get (pride that I believe in what is right and doing the right thing, and yes...Sometimes rules have to be bent to ensure that the "bad guy" goes to jail.)

I could go on and on about the subject.. I went through a phase where I was extremely jaded because I wanted this job my whole life since I was 6. When I got it, I had all these people hating me because I wore the uniform.. I had friends who distanced themselves from me because I couldn't cancel a ticket that they got from someone. It didn't matter to them that I could lose my job, they took it as though I was telling them that they deserved it.

They want you to be honest when doing your job, but when they want you to be dishonest for their own benefit, you're not a friend anymore. Doubl;e standards are rampant in policing.

Man, I need to workout! lol I'm getting fired up over here! hahah

I had friends who distanced themselves from me because I couldn't cancel a ticket that they got from someone.

This is just repulsive.

I can see why you needed something positive to fix your mindset in that ambient.

also:

0:35
Keep your chin up, God is watching.

Last edited by a moderator: