Need some help with noisy acoustic

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
It isn't actually noisy, you can't hear in the full mix, but in this project there are some parts that guitars are solo'ed and you can hear a high pitch whine...
I recorded guitars with a sm81 pointed to 12th fret and an AKG Percep420. The high pitch whine comes only from the sm81 channel, so it could be either the cable or my sm81 being busted :mad:

Anyway here is the preview:

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/617922/Musica%204%20Rough%20Mix.mp3

Sorry I can't post a shorter snippet but I already bounced this and can't go to reaper right now. You only hear it on the last chord in the end of the song... Has anyone got any idea to get rid of it? When I solo the sm81 tracks I get crazy with it.

(Btw just for anyone wondering there is still no bass in the mix)

I also recommend listening through cans as it's much more noticeable, in the end you listen to it on the left side mainly

It would've been easier if you would've posted just the soloed guitar.... But do you mean this feedback-kinda sound around 2500hz? try the Waves C1-sc, load the depopper preset and change the frequency to where the screech is, kinda like this:

depopper.jpg

I can't understand if it's exactly a feedbackish sound... It sounds more like a high pitch whine... Were you able to listen it in the end? Exactly in the last chord... I'm gonna try that! But just wanted to make sure you listened to it in the end, because in the full mix I barely hear it