new Blind Guardian songs, anybody listen to those yet?

lucifer1126

Aug 19, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone here heard the Blind Guardian songs on their myspace page? Another Stranger in me and Fly are awesome!!! what do you guys think? Their new album is going to be awesome and i can't wait for their upcoming US Tour with Leave's Eyes!!! can't wait to see Liv Kristine :D

Anyways, for those who still hasn't checked out the new stuff yet, click on the banner, and you can also enter the contest to win a free guitar signed by the band!!!

i would assume youd post this in the BG forums...but ok, ill bite.

i've heard them. yes, and what do i think? well, i think that i dont wanna hear any more. damn, its a real let down for me. this is like back to basics and, it doesnt have that special edge BG usually gives me. i mean, so many less melodies/solos from andre. and, the drumming i have to touch on, its a new drummer, yes, but cmon...its normal. BG does not have normal percussion. and i didnt hear any big choruses/backing vocals sections. and, i dont seem to hear any amazing chord progressions which marcus usually delivers. i hope the rest is better than these songs, but they just arent at all what i expected. i mean, IMFTOS, NIME, ANATO...you cant campare them to this.

After hearing a few samples, I bought the new album not so long ago (with a helluvalot of trepidation I must add, since the 'Opera' album was so utterly dreadful) and some of it was OK. Still in my opinion Blind Guardian have fallen so far down from 'Nightfall', and from what they themselves are saying they're unlikely to ever return to that form.

I also found the mix/production quite muddy - where on earth did the cymbals disappear to? And the snare drum sounds really weak. BG were meant to be aces in the studio but I think they've failed miserably on the sound of this album.

However I am interested to see what they make of the 'orchestral' project which they've been talking about and working on for many years, apparently, and which they've said is coming to fruition soon.