Question about the ethics of war

JayKeeley said:
I read yesterday that the war so far has cost $315 billion.

The equivalent of 800,000 housing units, or 13 MILLION university scholarships.

Can you imagine the strength of the nation's workforce with 13 million more folks with university degrees?

Those numbers always floor me, no matter how many times they're brought up. As for the last question, I'm sure they realize how much that would benefit us economically, but all those people being indoctrinated by liberal professors is too big of a risk...

haha, 45 minute doublepost.

I think "ethics" involving war are idiotic. War crimes, give me a break. It's all evil.

Gwar kicks ass. :loco:

the USA spends a lot of time condemning torture and certain countries breaching human rights and spends a lot of money exporting torture to other countries using surrogate regimes such as Isreal

An indian guy from england was on holiday in india when he was picked up for some terrorist activity or another
he was encarcerated for about a month and severly interogated
no one ever thought to check on his alibi
he was working in dixons (electrical retail shop) in england at the time he was supposed to be organising some bombing in a completely diferent country
apparently he was confessing to all manner of things that he couldn't have been anywhere near

i wonder how often that happens?

its like nothing has been learned from the likes of the birmingham 6
except instead of paddys its towel heads in the frame

torture and duress only proves that people will admit to anything to make it stop

unhinged said:
he was working in dixons (electrical retail shop) in england at the time he was supposed to be organising some bombing in a completely diferent country
apparently he was confessing to all manner of things that he couldn't have been anywhere near

i wonder how often that happens?

I was just about to mention Northern Ireland...

its like nothing has been learned from the likes of the birmingham 6
except instead of paddys its towel heads in the frame

...but you beat me to it.

OK everyone needs to see this movie:

in_the_name_of_the_father.jpg

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER
Daniel Day Lewis
Emma Thompson

Outstanding film and all completely true. :ill:

In the Name of the Father... AND DOUBLE TAP!!!

6305223319.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I never remember what movie it is, but some old VHS had these two movie previews lined up as some joint venture thing, like they were similar. If you know about it, you're laughing right now. Chances are you don't, and you're just shaking your head at some obscure NAD-reference once again. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
I was just about to mention Northern Ireland...

...but you beat me to it.

OK everyone needs to see this movie:

in_the_name_of_the_father.jpg

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER
Daniel Day Lewis
Emma Thompson

Outstanding film and all completely true. :ill:

well its not 'just' the injustice of innocents
but the real perpitrators are allowed to carry on with more acts of violence

not that it matters now since all the terrorist murderers are being let out early from prison as part of the 'peace' process
and known former paramilitaries are allowed into government
a bitter pill to swallow

meanwhile there was a massive bomb uncovered just last week