SCUM THIRTY-FIVE: Questions

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
What albums reflect the epitome of heavy metal? My top vote is After the Fire. It is clearly a guitar-driven album. The lyrics are all nihilistic ideas of personal achievement and resolve. None more heavy metal. Awakening the World comes second, its heavy metal factor ironically lowered by its obvious worship of the idea of heavy metal. I love that the follow-up was basically called A Fire Under Your Ass.

What is heavy metal going to sound like once the Chinese people gain their freedom? What is heavy metal going to sound like when the Muslim nations catch up to civilization? Will they be unique constructs based on their past culture and heritage, or will they sound like something Jesper Strömblad did? What happens when these then-free societies realize that heavy metal is, and must be, a thorn in the side of those who "allow" free speech?

Is there a difference between intentionally making heavy metal and making music?

Do you think that anyone reading this far will have a tendency to agree with the points made?

If this issue of LotFP changes anybody's perception on heavy metal, is that more indicative of:

* My arguments,
* The previous failure of the heavy metal media, or
* That person's inability to perceive a situation and make decisions for themselves?

Do people who have "grown out" of heavy metal…

* …realize the whole thing was pointless anyway,
* …allow society to subjugate their wills, or
* …have to justify their listening habits to anyone?

In 2005, why does heavy metal still exist?

Are you heavy metal?

Why?