Set of Tama Starclassic Maple tom samples

Mago

Austrian Blech Machine
Aug 21, 2009
Vienna, Austria
Hey guys,

I recorded this set of samples a while ago.

Tama Starclassic Maple, 2 Rack, 2 Floor toms.

No idea anymore about the sizes, racks where 57s, floor was 421.
One floor might be 57 too by the sounds of it, but I'm not sure anymore.

Here's a short clip so you get an idea if it's worth to download for you or not
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3961577/Mixes/Mago-TamaToms.mp3

Samples are in WAV & TCI.
4 Hits, 3 layers.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3961577/Mago-Tama Starclassic Maple Toms.zip

I had these around for a while, but was too lazy to pre-process them, cut them and and all that crap, so I actually never made samples out of them until recently. Used it in a mix and thought they where quite useful, maybe some of you will find the same.
As I said they are a bit pre-processed, but not so much that you can't touch them anymore or so. I just like my toms to have a decent starting point when I already have to trigger them haha

Sounding great (as usual)!! Just changed my starclassic bubinga heads today... I'll make some samples tomorrow! =)
BTW, where did you aim the mic? At the center of the tom or more at the rim? Cheers!!!

cheers guys!

Sounding great (as usual)!! Just changed my starclassic bubinga heads today... I'll make some samples tomorrow! =)
BTW, where did you aim the mic? At the center of the tom or more at the rim? Cheers!!!

Thanks man. This session was mid 2012 I think, so I really don't remember that clear anymore. I usually start with aiming it in between rim and center and adjust from there.

I think on that session I then adjusted one rack and one floor to get closer to the other, but I really don't remember anymore where it ended up dude, sorry!

It was the first time I recorded a quality drum kit, I was so baffled by the fact how awesome it sounded in the room, and when we pulled up the faders after initial rough mic placement we couldn't believe how good it sounded already. With a bit of tweaking it got pretty awesome in general.

Seems the countless times I mic'ed up sub par kits with old heads and still try to get somewhat of a sound out of them paid off in the end haha