sorry if its been mentioned before, As I lay Dying's new album...

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
My guitarist just baught it...and cant think what it's called.

Did andy work on this one? Brett hasnt put anything up in the 'Andy's albums' section, so i'm wondering:S

The mix on this i thing is incredible. listen to the guitars especialy, talk about speaker excursion as you play from chug to chord!!! i noticed it most in this album over any other and it realy makes the dynamics of the song realy effective, and the breakdowns even heavier.

sorry if i'm being rediculasly dumb by mentioning it, i just havnt heard or seen anything about this album yet on the forum.

well according to answers.com Andy Sneap just did reamping for the guitars. Adam D produced it with the band and Colin Richardson mixed it.

An Ocean Between Us sounds amazing to me. But i dig the band too. I woudl guess that Andy got a decent amount of change in his pocket for the ramp work. I heard it was the Randall RM100. Which goes to show how great Andy is cause that amp is weak in real life but sounds great on the cd.

I cant wait for the new Bullet For My Valentine either. Colin made the 5150's sound incredible once again for them.

I am very surprised and disappointed by your comments. I have no idea how this happened and if Andy got paid for this, but can't you imagine a minute that he'd do something for free for his friends??? Look at all he has done for the forum, perfect strangers here... What do you need to think Andy is a generous guy? That he mixes your demos for free?

I am very surprised and disappointed by your comments. I have no idea how this happened and if Andy got paid for this, but can't you imagine a minute that he'd do something for free for his friends??? Look at all he has done for the forum, perfect strangers here... What do you need to think Andy is a generous guy? That he mixes your demos for free?
When I first read that he reamped for them, I just assumed he did it as a favor.

Besides, with his skill, reamping is (most likely :heh:) a breeze.

yeah... youd be surprised how many favours go around Engineers/producers in england.
All the ones i know have done something for someone for nothing because they're fellow a.e's/producers,
Trust me; you should all do this. It'll come in extremely handy.
A lot of lending gear go's on too

yeah... youd be surprised how many favours go around Engineers/producers in england.
All the ones i know have done something for someone for nothing because they're fellow a.e's/producers,
Trust me; you should all do this. It'll come in extremely handy.
A lot of lending gear go's on too

I wish i had gear to lend...:lol:

I have to admit, the more I've thought about it, the more the whole favor thing between Colin and Andy makes sense. However, I could also imagine As I Lay Dying specifically wanting Andy to do their tone, and contracting him for the task...which then I'm sure Andy would have been paid something.

If he did it as a favor that is awesome. No way was I being insulting. I figured technically and legally with the way contract are and stuff like that , that he would be paid for it. My statements were only that. Not to insult his generosity if it was a favor. I wasn't aware of their friendship.