Studio gear and advice

davalarr

New Metal Member
May 8, 2011
Hey guys,

I'm starting to develop my studio into a more workable environment and upgrading bits and bobs of kit.

I'm looking at getting some Adam A7x's and a Fractal Axe-FX as my next two big purchases (I'd love a Mesa or something but loudness will eventually become an issue).

I was wondering if you guys had any experience with either Adam Monitors or the Axe Fx and could either steer me clear or recommend them!

My other question is this, if I could buy one piece of kit - rack - what would you suggest would be the best. I'm most likely to be recording djent, beatdown and punk-pop styles but planning on branching out. (Sorry it's vague)

Cheers guys

A friend of mine has some Adam AX7's and he loves them A LOT!
I had the Axe FX for a while but sold it and got the Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp and the SPL Transducer cabinet and miking simulator.:headbang:
The Axe FX sounded too digital to me.:puke:
IMO :saint:

I know this thread is quite old now, but maybe some thoughts on using Adam monitors is still useful.

Generally speaking, Adam monitors are pretty good - they are detailed and fairly accurate. The AX7 would be a good choice for a budget monitor, but they are quite bright or rather, lacking in serious low end. So you might want to get a matching sub-woofer too for a more balanced sound.