Sunken Colony - Animus (free release)

Travis

Bassist
Jan 2, 2006
Near Albany, NY
www.myspace.com
After 3 years, I've finally released an album of music I've written and recorded myself. Download it for free here -

http://sunkencolony.bandcamp.com/

This is a tight-knight community of metal bass players, so maybe a few of you can relate to this story. Back when I was a teenager first picking up music, I played in several local metal bands with guitarists that always shoved their ideas down everyone's throat. The creative process was both the main reason I started playing an instrument, and it was something I never had any say in. So one day I decided that wasn't good enough. I quit all my bands, bought a guitar, downloaded some drum programming software, and started teaching myself audio recording and songwriting.

It took awhile...but now I've finally seen my first album come to fruition. There's plenty of love for the bass on here, but I also put tons of effort into every other facet of the music, so I hope you guys enjoy.

Much <3
-Travis

1.Star Craft fan? Because that's a pretty awesome cover.
2.So all of the vocals are you, huh? It sounds great. To be honest, the vocals remind me of my own vocals a bit, and in another way, remind me a bit of Chris Reifert.
3.All of the instruments sound great too, especially the guitars and bass, although the drums don't sound as good, but you have to expect that with programmed drums. If it had a real drummer I'd have no complaints at all.
4.Is the bass fretless? Some of the parts sound fretless.

It sounds great. I've always wanted to do something like this, like an awesome side project, but I have so much to worry about with my own band, with VOLUMES of material we still need to record, which will probably add up to a whole decade of effort in the long run.