TALES OF SULLEN EYES review: MORRIGAN's PIT

Deep dark grunts, eh? That's the first time I've heard that one.

Aside from that it was very positive, even if it was a bit too brief to do the ep any justice. Apparently the reviewer prefers his metal a little less aggressive, but he still couldn't deny the quality of the songs.

Ah. My bad.

Glad to see Fear-Dark finally listing the ep.:cool: I'll be placing my order in the morning when I get home from work.

DrAnguish said:
a fun side note... the staff is all female...
hey Matt, don't you make fun of me :loco: :loco:

IceSage said:
Deep dark grunts, eh? That's the first time I've heard that one.

Aside from that it was very positive, even if it was a bit too brief to do the ep any justice. Apparently the reviewer prefers his metal a little less aggressive, but he still couldn't deny the quality of the songs.
yeah I apparently didn't know how to describe the vocals better, feel free to correct me ;) I agree that it's a bit short, I guess I didn't have the inspiration to review each song seperately and the style not being my own favorite, it somehow didn't come easy. But of course I didn't want to deny the quality because it's there :)
I'm not sure I can say I prefer my metal less aggressive (well maybe on average I do), rather different aggressive maybe (e.g. Cryptopsy, Kataklysm, Machinemade God, but yeah my favorites are less aggressive I guess, stuff like Into Eternity, Brainstorm, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, old school thrash like Death Angel, Dark Angel, Bay Area bands, Kreator etc).
Anyway... sorry if I wasn't the perfect reviewer for this, but I tried...

Something else..... about the Fear Dark festival dates, Matt, will there be more than the 6 I found online? All 3 Dutch dates are pretty far from me (I'm closer to many German and Belgian cities) and I had hoped for a date in one of the cities we usually go to (Antwerp, Cologne, Ruhr-area). Still, I've marked the Alphen one on my calendar, we might go there (will also depend on Nico's work schedule).

Hey Marlies....

Your review is great... and I wasnt making fun of you at all - its definitely interesting that you find an entire zine in the metal world with an all female staff.... pretty cool I say...

As for the Fear Dark Fests... the six listed are all there will be, but hopefully we'll get a few more dates ourselves between the shows... If you are able to make it out I'd definitely do so... I am really looking forward to the three bands we will be taking the stage with... Eluveitie in and of itself should be worth the price of admission!

Hey, Marlies. It was still a good review. I appreciate that you were willing to acknowledge the band's talent even though the style isn't exactly your flavor. You listed some good bands there, and you're right... different aggressive would be much more accurate.